Bags or SLG's - what excites you more?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've purchased four bags in the last year that I really love to bits. As such I don't really want to buy any more because I'm enjoying these so much.

Instead I've turned to buying SLG's and I find it's a great way to stop the boredom of not wanting to change bag. I happily stick with one bag for months at a time now and swap just the SLG's.

Which do you prefer more?

2. BAGS...definitely. even with my clutches, they excite me to a point, but I love love LOVE my full on bags!

3. I rotate a modest collection of bags. And I love them to bits. But in between my next big purchases, I get to play in stores with SLGs. So for a quick fix like a junkie, I'll buy SLGs and prettify the inside of my bags with them. :smile: most recent so far is replacing a notebook with an LV Agenda. I think next in line somewhere is a cosmetic pouch or something. :smile:

4. I love SLG!
    I feel like I have the bags I want and need (if not counting a few daydreams but am content for now) so SLG is a great way of renewing things whenever I need a little pick-me-up. My wallets used to be a bit on the sad side, so lately I've acquired a few nice wallets from Longchamp, Chloe and Diane von Furstenberg. Also, some clutches and pouches have found their way into my bag closet.
    I think smaller items are a great way of having a piece of high end luxury in your possession even when you don't have the money or the need for a bigger piece like a bag.
    F.e. I can totally see myself buying a preloved Chanel quilted large wallet at some point. I don't think I could ever buy a bag from them, much less want to, but a wallet or coin pouch - most likely I will have one some day. :smile:

5. BAGS!!! 😍 I love bags!!!! 💥🎉💥

SLG's are a necessary evil. LOL! I've learned VERY recently to appreciate nice SLG's but I see no reason for ME to buy more than necessary. 3 or 4 nice SLG's can add up to a nice handbag. No way that I want to nickel and dime myself out of what could be a great handbag...or clothes... or jewelry... or... 😄 Plus I happily change my bags almost every day to coordinate with my outfit. My wallet doesn't need to coordinate with anything. So my motivation to change it is low.

I just bought two wallets to replace an old yucky one and am looking for a card case for my smaller bags. I also just purchased a nice makeup bag. After that I want one key pouch, one pen holder and one misc. pouch and I'll be done. I don't want multiples of any of these. So, I'm making sure I get great ones that I'll love (classic, beautiful ones from premier designers) so I don't have to think about them for years - maybe a decade or more.

6. I love bags more than SLGs, I think slgs sometimes add up to a bag, and I really rather get the bag, so though slgs are necessary I don't stockpile them. If I run out of storage space and yet need to buy something I get a smaller bag or clutch. Wallets on chain are good too!

7. I'm like others here. Once one has a good collection of bags it's nice to have some worthy SLGs. If others get attached to things the way I do it makes sense, I have many bags but my less-extensive current crop of lovely SLGs will transfer into each one, so in one sense it's also cost effective.

As for SLG prices; a lot of labour and time can go into making an SLG and that pushes up the retail. I also think companies take advantage of the fact people may give SLGs as gifts whereas they wouldn't dream of giving a bag because it seems more personal :sneaky: .

8. Bags. I've tried to like high-end SLGs, but they don't stick with me and I often sell them within a few months or years. The only SLG that has stuck with me through and through is my Louis Vuitton Zippy wallet and I would be happy to repurchase it. Other than that, I'd rather use cheapo makeup cases, no-name agendas, and lower-end card holders. I know that is really weird since everyone loves SLGs but they don't get enough love from me.

9. Bags for me definitely, I think it's because of "out of sight, out of mind"-ness of SLGs...you carry your wallets IN the bag most of the time, and when you go out you only take out a wallet to get something.

10. I have to ask, what is an SLG?

11. SLG's stands for: Small Leather Goods.

And to answer the question, it really depends. I know for premier designers I tend to be more excited for their SLGs because their bags can get pretty expensive. So I tend to buy something from their SLG collection just so I can have a small piece of [insert premier designer's name here] without breaking my bank. But for contemporary brands, I go for their bags instead. I know I rather put some extra money and buy a Coach bag than their overpriced $200-$300 wallets.

12. Definitely SLG. Why? I have no idea, because I don't regularly rotate either...

13. I say both BAGS and Small Leather Goods LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

14. I agree!

15. Both. There aren't too many more bags that I need to have so lately items like SLGs are very exciting to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice