Bag newbie looking for the perfect luxury bag

Hi, I'm relatively new to the Purse Forum but not to handbag obsession, trust me! I know that you might get questions like this alot, but I'd appreciate the help...after indulging my Coach obsession forever, I've decided to move on and save up for a luxury bag (in the 1000-1500 dollar range). But I haven't decided what to get! I know that you guys love the Paddington, and though it's beautiful I know it's a little too much for my rather simple tastes. I'd like something with clean lines and simple hardware, and something in a size that I could comfortably carry during the day. I like MJ, but I'm a bit tired of the silver padlock hardware...I'm so indecisive, any recommendations?

Thank you! Sarah

It sounds like you're looking for something with a little more structure, if you're looking for clean lines. How about the Suhali line from Louis Vuitton ? The Le Fabuleux bag is awesome, Jessica Simpson has one in gold and it's absolutely stunning !

vanojr9 said:
Hi, I'm relatively new to the Purse Forum but not to handbag obsession, trust me! I know that you might get questions like this alot, but I'd appreciate the help...after indulging my Coach obsession forever, I've decided to move on and save up for a luxury bag (in the 1000-1500 dollar range). But I haven't decided what to get! I know that you guys love the Paddington, and though it's beautiful I know it's a little too much for my rather simple tastes. I'd like something with clean lines and simple hardware, and something in a size that I could comfortably carry during the day. I like MJ, but I'm a bit tired of the silver padlock hardware...I'm so indecisive, any recommendations?

Thank you! Sarah[/quote You may like some of the handbags from Louis Vuitton. They can get quite expensive though. Chanel also makes classic handbags. How big does it have to be? That will play a part in your decision too. Happy hunting.

you might want to look in to tod's or ferragamo - their bags have classic, clean lines, great materials and craftsmanship, and don't shout LOOK AT ME!

Here's a simple Tod's bag.
tod031w-aeo300pno_p.jpg

I love these suggestions, especially the Tods! I'll let you guys know what I end up with, thanks so much for the advice! I'm about to go check out the LV too, I like the epi collection. Happy holidays!