Bag inserts for your bag Love em or leave em?

Bag inserts Love em or leave em?

• Love em ,very handy

• leave em, gauche

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've got the Chameleon Large Extra Sturdy insert in black:
http://www.chameleoninserts.com/id30.html

and use it daily to switch between 30cm Birkins, a 32cm HAC and 35cm Birkins. The Large fits all three of these sizes nicely. The Extra Sturdy has removable cardboard inserts at either end, and I usually remove the cardboard inserts for an easier fit. However, the stiffer fabric of the Extra Sturdy insert means that it sits well in these bags.

As far as the rainbow of colors, I find that my colorful accessories "pop" inside the black insert. Best of all, I can find my phone when it rings.

That said, I'd love to have one in Black Chevre and also wish someone would up the ante and make an organizer in a high quality skin. If only Hermes would make one . . .

MAYBE if they were made in a high quality leather (in a FABULOUS color!), but I think they cheapen the bag. I cannot yet afford a rainbow of Hermes, but I have managed to make a semi-rainbow of other quality things. My cell phone (an iPhone) fits perfectly in one of the two stitched pockets in my Kelly, small papers (laundry ships etc) go in the other stitched pocket. I have a pretty leather zip bag for my cosmetics and other odd, small items (tape measure), a wallet, a small leather envelope for all those saleslips, a Liberty fabric purse-size tissue holder, a leather business card case (that goes up in the pocket with the slips), and a leather post-it-note holder. My sunglasses in a soft case (don't want the weight of anything other than cloth), and that's it for me!

MAYBE if they were made in a high quality leather (in a FABULOUS color!), but I think they cheapen the bag. I cannot yet afford a rainbow of Hermes, but I have managed to make a semi-rainbow of other quality things. My cell phone (an iPhone) fits perfectly in one of the two stitched pockets in my Kelly, small papers (laundry ships etc) go in the other stitched pocket. I have a pretty leather zip bag for my cosmetics and other odd, small items (tape measure), a wallet, a small leather envelope for all those saleslips, a Liberty fabric purse-size tissue holder, a leather business card case (that goes up in the pocket with the slips), and a leather post-it-note holder. My sunglasses in a soft case (don't want the weight of anything other than cloth), and that's it for me!

India, I never use a bag insert with my 32cm Sellier Kelly. As you've pointed out, it's so well organized already. I'm going to borrow that "small leather envelope for sales slips" great idea of yours!

That small leather envelope was the best $95 I ever spent! I got it at Lederer on sale - it's quite handsome (no, not as nice as the one Hermes makes, but it's still quite handsome!). My purse was always totally cluttered with sales receipts and I hated that it looked like a wastebasket. I now put all of them in the envelope and clean it out every couple of months. When I make a return, the sales receipt is right there. I had seen the one at Hermes Chicago and thought it brilliant but WAY out of my price range, so I was thrilled when I found this one.

I make'em myself. They're really easy and fun to make. That way you can sew the pockets for just the right size for what you want to carry. I also make a matching pouch for sitting inside so it has a "bottom".

Attachments

• purse organizer handmade.jpg
    purse organizer handmade.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 105
I tried the Pursket a few years ago. It was VERY bulky, ugly and took up more room than my stuff. The Karo has been amazing at helping keep the small items in one place and enabling me to switch bags quickly. I just need a couple more little H items and I'm set.

If the inserts work for you, that's great. I can't imagine peeking into someone's bag to make a judgement call on their pursekeeping habits. (But now I probably will start looking :rolleyes:)

I have the heavier version of the chameleon... bought it because I *thought* it would (1) encourage me to change bags more often because easy to switch and (2) be more organized.

Wrong!

I still carry the same bag day after day after day and everything manages to find itself in the large middle part of the chameleon. Eeek!

I am with you. When I first started I do use the insert after a while, I just did not use it, moreover with certain bags, the inserts made the bag look bulky and all stuffed up.

In the end, I am using my bags insert-less :biggrin: