Bag Battle! Fendi Peekaboo vs Chanel Coco Handle

Ok so I have begun a proper hunt for a Coco Handle. I'm specifically looking for the all black medium this is the style number I have for it A92992Y60092
I emailed Chanel CS and was told that it wasn't available in any stores in the US. I grabbed this style number from LVLoverCC's youtube review from 2015. Has the style number changed for 2016 perhaps? Has anyone seen any in store? I'd be open to the lizard handle as well and would also consider dark navy or red. I also reached out to a few of my SA's in different states, NADA. Any help appreciated! This isn't necessarily my final decision but I do think I need to get my hands on one so I can properly decide.

**Realized I had the old style number, I've got the new one so hopefully Chanel will find one for me!

Last edited:
From how you describe your style, I'd think you would be considering a boy bag of all the Chanel's because it has that masculine edge but can be dressed up and made girly also. My style is similar and I love my boy bag for that reason. The coco to me is extremely feminine and a little on the mature side. I adore that fendi peekaboo so my vote would go to that!

Reactions: KBT39
From how you describe your style, I'd think you would be considering a boy bag of all the Chanel's because it has that masculine edge but can be dressed up and made girly also. My style is similar and I love my boy bag for that reason. The coco to me is extremely feminine and a little on the mature side. I adore that fendi peekaboo so my vote would go to that!
I love boy bags! I simply don't love the price and it's not what I'm wanting right now. Not to say I couldn't be seduced by one but I'm simply not interested in crossing the 5k line for a bag just yet. Coco Handle being so feminine is exactly why I'm attracted to it, I think its more youthful than my vintage jumbo which I LOVE. I'm seriously so shocked at all of the Fendi love happening here! ;)

Reactions: Natz15
Ok so I have begun a proper hunt for a Coco Handle. I'm specifically looking for the all black medium this is the style number I have for it A92992Y60092
I emailed Chanel CS and was told that it wasn't available in any stores in the US. I grabbed this style number from LVLoverCC's youtube review from 2015. Has the style number changed for 2016 perhaps? Has anyone seen any in store? I'd be open to the lizard handle as well and would also consider dark navy or red. I also reached out to a few of my SA's in different states, NADA. Any help appreciated! This isn't necessarily my final decision but I do think I need to get my hands on one so I can properly decide.

I have an all black medium coco handle from the Spring 2016 collection, and the style number is the same as the one you have. There are a few medium Coco Handles listed on Fashionphile, if you are interested- but they are listed way above retail. You could try to snag one when it hits the 30% off discount, if one is still available, that would make the price close to retail. I think it might be close to impossible to finding one in stores now, since this style is extremely popular and it always sells out quick. As far as comparing the 2 bags, I have a medium Peekabo (although not the selleria) and 2 medium Coco handles. I love them both, but tend to prefer the Coco. The middle compartment in the Peekabo can make it hard to fit larger items in the bag, but I do love that the shoulder strap is adjustable and everything else about it. Given that the Coco handle is harder to find and not always available, I would get the Coco over the Peekabo, and add the Peekabo to your collection later.

* also- they did release a new Coco handle with the detachable chain in the fall of this year. Searched and found the style number for you since I thought it might be different from the spring 2016/2015 since some changes were made to the bag. Here is the number.... A92992Y60972. Black color code is 94305. You could call Chanel customer service and check inventory. Good luck!

I have an all black medium coco handle from the Spring 2016 collection, and the style number is the same as the one you have. There are a few medium Coco Handles listed on Fashionphile, if you are interested- but they are listed way above retail. You could try to snag one when it hits the 30% off discount, if one is still available, that would make the price close to retail. I think it might be close to impossible to finding one in stores now, since this style is extremely popular and it always sells out quick. As far as comparing the 2 bags, I have a medium Peekabo (although not the selleria) and 2 medium Coco handles. I love them both, but tend to prefer the Coco. The middle compartment in the Peekabo can make it hard to fit larger items in the bag, but I do love that the shoulder strap is adjustable and everything else about it. Given that the Coco handle is harder to find and not always available, I would get the Coco over the Peekabo, and add the Peekabo to your collection later.

* also- they did release a new Coco handle with the detachable chain in the fall of this year. Searched and found the style number for you since I thought it might be different from the spring 2016/2015 since some changes were made to the bag. Here is the number.... A92992Y60972. Black color code is 94305. You could call Chanel customer service and check inventory. Good luck!

Yea I've seen the ones on Fashionphile, definitely not interested in paying over retail for it. I do have the new style number and am waiting for Chanel CS to respond with inventory. Fingers crossed they can locate one for me!

Fendi offers a few Selleria Peekaboos ready made outside of the MTO process. Selleria is my personal preference of Peekaboos and what I'd get. MTO is not offered near me and when I asked about the possibility of requesting the kit the SA felt it was a very long shot and that my best bet would be to travel to NY. I'm always down for NY but to do that and then add an additional 30% to the cost for MTO...nah at least not right now. I'm good with the sellerias they offer in store.
As for size, I'm not into mini bags at all. Medium is the perfect size me as it works best for my body size, I'm 5'9" and 190lbs and life style, my work is very casual. I work for a software company and it's basically jeans daily with exception of when I'm with clients on site then I dress it up a bit but only slightly! LOL! Large even looked good but I preferred the medium.
Coco Handle leans more towards formal IMO but depending on your attire could be more casual.
Knowing that the Peekaboo isn't going anywhere I may grab Coco first, if for nothing more than to finally see it in person and decide if it's even for me! [emoji848]

Yes best to see the coco in person. As I said I was obsessed with this bag nd when I finally found it it just wasn't for me! It's a shame MTO isn't offered in more boutiques. I am considering another peekaboo in the mini in the saleria leather which I believe is only available in the mini size through the mto service!

Let us know what you decide hun!

Yes best to see the coco in person. As I said I was obsessed with this bag nd when I finally found it it just wasn't for me! It's a shame MTO isn't offered in more boutiques. I am considering another peekaboo in the mini in the saleria leather which I believe is only available in the mini size through the mto service!

Let us know what you decide hun!
I've located one so now let's see if it's still there Friday! That's when I can pull the trigger!

The time has finally come! I've made my decision and I couldn't be happier about it! Thank you everyone for helping me with this! I'm certain a selleria Peekaboo will still happen at some point. Like a commentor stated on the Fendi thread, selleria Peekaboos aren't going anywhere! I couldn't pass up these two hard to find Coco Cuba beauties! They came all the way from Boston and Chanel CS told me it was the only red Coco Handle they could locate in the US!
The red caught me totally by surprise! It's perfect and reds are always tricky to me! This is my first red bag and I'm loving it!
IMG_1484795901.287942.jpg
IMG_1484795916.773854.jpg
IMG_1484795928.857907.jpg

Last edited:
I go for Peekaboo. I am a great Chanel fan but the Peekabo design will be around for a very long time, I suspect.

Peekaboo will happen later! Right now I'm loving this stunning red Coco Handle! [emoji6][emoji173] I think it was the best choice for me right now and it allowed me to snag an equally awesome brooch! My first Chanel brooch!

The time has finally come! I've made my decision and I couldn't be happier about it! Thank you everyone for helping me with this! I'm certain a selleria Peekaboo will still happen at some point. Like a commentor stated on the Fendi thread, selleria Peekaboos aren't going anywhere! I couldn't pass up these two hard to find Coco Cuba beauties! They came all the way from Boston and Chanel CS told me it was the only red Coco Handle they could locate in the US!
The red caught me totally by surprise! It's perfect and reds are always tricky to me! This is my first red bag and I'm loving it!
View attachment 3578736
View attachment 3578737
View attachment 3578738

so jealous!!! it's a beauty!! :drool:
I think you made the right decision. I want a coco handle so badly! :loveeyes:

View attachment 3578736
View attachment 3578737
View attachment 3578738
So gorgeous, that red is TDF...... you made the right choice!!! Congratulations!!!