• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

snegrl15

Jan 2, 2007
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Small Byrdie purse but didn't know exactly how small it was. The inside is sewn on each side. Just like the other Cameron style bags but I find it too tight to work with. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea if I cut off the thread sewn on each side? That would make it easier to maneuver (fat hands)lol in and out of. Could possibly fit a tiny bit more in. I am assuming it is sewn like that to give it the folded shape. So I am wondering if I did cut off that thread would it possibly mess up the bag? What do you all thing? I've included photos of how it looks now. Also don't want to cut it yet because I may possibly return it.
50406802660__D184148A-8EA0-43FE-ADA6-7E8EFD836A59.JPG IMG_2458.JPG IMG_2460.JPG

Thank you!

I wouldnt do it. Instead of being folded in, it could fold outwards and the purse wouldnt have the same streamlined silhouette when closed.

Its not a horrible idea, but you should decide whether you want to keep the bag first and wear it a few times before deciding if it is worth it to snip it.

Reactions: snegrl15
I also wouldn`t do it since the bag would look a bit off when you try to close it and you would not be able to cover the inside of the bag fully since the bag flap would not be able to cover the two sides of the sewn part that you have snipped off. However if you don`t have a problem with this then you can go ahead and snip it but if you do have a problem with this then don`t.

No one has any advice? :sad:
I would advise against it for a couple of reasons, the most obvious being if you choose to return the bag or maybe even sell it down the road. In addition if you have any issues with the bag it may be void of the warranty due to tampering (ie: you may cut the thread and the bag could lose its shape or start to come undone where it was cut). If I were you I'd exchange or return it since it is evidently not functional and perhaps search for something else!

Thanks for the tips. I am going to keep the bag and try to use it as is. I am assuming it will not be so hard to work with once I've work it in a bit. If it really does bother me in the long run I will see what I'll do. :smile: