Bad experience at Chanel today

Vicky2007

Chanel * Bal * LV
O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Today I went to shopping for a wallet at Selfridges. I could not find the wallet model that I want so I went upstair ( There are a Chanel boutique at ground floor and another counter for bags and shoes ) and want to try on a flap bag. There is a security strap hold the bag with the display. Before I asked a staff to take it out I open the flap and look at the space inside. One staff speak with a loud voice at me " Are you finding for a price?" and she take out bag from my hand. I look at her and walk out.

First, I think that I will add more money to pay for a flap bag with single chain instead of a wallet but now I don't want anything Chanel today because of that rude SA. She might think I have no money to pay for it. Today I wear topshop with a little gucci bag and no any other brandname accessories but I have my shopping money with me.

I got a LV instead.

You know, here in UK Chanel staffs have less service mind than other boutiques that I have visited. I don't know why Gucci, LV, Pucci, D&G can trained staff well but not Chanel. I never had any bad experiences with those boutiques that I have stated even I did not wear any brandnames. For Chanel I have wrote 2 complaints letters.

PS: Anyway, not all of them are not nice. Some SAs are very very nice and I appreciate their service.

I love Chanel but very disappointed today.

Sorry my long messages and my broken English may sore your eyes :P

Awwww sorry about your bad experience Vicky :sad: Geeze, that was extremely rude of the SA though, you should've walked back over there with your LV shopping bag and gave her a hard time!

In the Munich Chanel shop are just working rude SAs. I really hate to go there because they seem to prefer old rich women who had a lot of plastic surgery. They even refuse to call you when a certain bag comes in. I prefer to call the Berlin or Frankfurt shop as the SAs are much friendlier than here. Funny thing is that I'm not the only one who complains about their ****ty service even to the manager and nothing changed.
When I was looking for my Reissue I called almost every store in Europe and I could count the friendly SAs on one hand. I ended up buying my reissue from the US and I had there the opposite experience with SAs, there I could count the unfreindly SA on one hand. It is so true that customer service is way better in the US than here in Europe. Now I'm waiting another 3 weeks for my bag to get here, because it will be send to DHs hotel while he's on a business trip and he'll bring back the bag with him. :smile:

Sydney Chanel store SA's are equally as bad, and I am poor uni student so they are extra snobby to me!

They aren't particularly nice even when you are buying something, but I ignore it. Really, if you think about it, it is just a bad attitude on their part because how much can a sales assistant be earning anyway?

Sydney Chanel store SA's are equally as bad, and I am poor uni student so they are extra snobby to me!

They aren't particularly nice even when you are buying something, but I ignore it. Really, if you think about it, it is just a bad attitude on their part because how much can a sales assistant be earning anyway?

Exactly. They just have over-inflated opinions of themselves. They are obviously very sad people if they think that selling thses things to you makes them better than you.

I've been into the Chanel boutique on Bond Street in London and been treated appallingly by the SA who pretended not to understand me when I asked to try the Gardenia perfume. Perhaps I should have asked in French! She was so offhand and acted so 'superior' that I did not buy the perfume. It's so weird, they are there to serve you, right?

I HAVE SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME AT CHANEL BECAUSE I AM A YOUNG BLACK WOMAN. WHEN I FIRST WENT TO SELFRIDGES, CHANEL BOTIQUE NO ONE WANTED TO HELP ME. BUT AS I AM A REGULAR CUSTOMER AND I WALK IN WITH MY CHANEL BAG, THEY RECOGNISE ME AND ARE FINALLY ALOT MORE HELPFUL. PLEASE REMEMBER THEY ARE PROB. TRAINED TO BE SNOBBY TO PUT OFF 'REGULAR' CUSTOMERS. NEVER BE PUT OFF TO BUY SOMETHING BECAUSE OF THE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! PUT THEM TO SHAME BUY PROVING THAT U CAN AFFORD TO BUY SOMETHING!:wlae:

Unbelievable right? Who do they think they are? :throwup: I've been to several Chanel boutiques in Hong Kong and I only had positive experiences with the SAs... Thank God... I did have some bad experiences with Gucci in Hong Kong (can't remember where exactly..), and I was planning to buy a nice bag. But the way they treated me... :cursing: , NO WAY I was going to spend my money in that shop. So I just went to another Gucci store (they have plenty in HK :P ).

I am so sorry for your experience! Enjoy the LV and find a new Chanel boutique I say! I personally have a very hard time wiith the Boutique in Tyson's Corner, but adore the SA's in the Boutique in Chevy Chase/Mazza :smile: It's totally worth the drive for me!

sorry about your experience at chanel!:sad:

it's so weird but i have never had one bad experience myself at chanel before. they are always so nice and attentive..... us, paris, tokyo....
maybe i'm just lucky..

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Chanel!

Funny thing is that I was at the SF Chanel boutique this weekend was treated decently..which rarely happens as we all know! On the other hand, I couldn't even get in the door at LV because the security guard wouldn't let me in since I had my coffee with me (same cup of coffee I brought into Chanel)! Apparently, there's a "No Food/Drinks" policy at LV...and I wasn't going to throw out my coffee because of that..I need my caffeine!!