Bad Customer Service

Horrible experiences. At least now I know that staying up late, answering my clients on my days off, following up, having extensive product knowledge, and never rushing anybody are appreciated! Now I know why I never get complaints (yet!)!! With that said, Some people are impossible to please no matter what you do. Though there are 2 sides to every story, these are outrageous experiences. As a client, I’ve also had similar experiences, unfortunately.

Reactions: Farkvam and Zkg1977
I haven't shopped LV since forever. The last time they blanked my mother, greeting people who's come in after her who seemed a lot more dressed-up. I told her to leave and we bought gifts in Versace, Miu Miu and Gucci instead.

I heard this happened again but to my colleague quite recently so it doesn't seem there's been better training.

My husband simply refuses to enter a LV store after his first visit :rolleyes:. He was with me when I bought my beloved Boulogne. As I was making payment for the bag, he looked around at the men accessories (it's a small store and the men section is only several steps away from where I and my SA were). There he encountered a SA who turned out to be extremely and unnecessarily rude.

After an attempt to a casual conversation, something along the line of "Oh I thought that was a bracelet. It kinda looks like it, isn't it?", the rude SA, instead, started looking him up and down and said "How did you wander in here?"

How rude!!! Till this day I still don't understand what caused her to behave that way.

I went to the Nordstrom LV boutique on Michigan ave and they were very rude. I asked to see a wallet and they stated that I needed to get on the list for service? I was taken back because they weren’t busy and this is pre pandemic. A waitlist to spend my money and just see the wallet I was going to purchase?
Yes. That’s been the protocol for years. It’s called 1 on 1 service.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I'm curious if anyone here has had a bad shopping experience at LV? I have actually had a couple of bad experiences (in Las Vegas, Denver and Hawaii). I would be curious to hear if others have as well. It's happened to me at Chanel and Hermes as well.
Really ? So sorry for you Never happened to me ..

Reactions: Zkg1977
I haven't shopped LV since forever. The last time they blanked my mother, greeting people who's come in after her who seemed a lot more dressed-up. I told her to leave and we bought gifts in Versace, Miu Miu and Gucci instead.

I heard this happened again but to my colleague quite recently so it doesn't seem there's been better training.
Thank you for sharing that experience!

Reactions: papertiger
My husband simply refuses to enter a LV store after his first visit :rolleyes:. He was with me when I bought my beloved Boulogne. As I was making payment for the bag, he looked around at the men accessories (it's a small store and the men section is only several steps away from where I and my SA were). There he encountered a SA who turned out to be extremely and unnecessarily rude.

After an attempt to a casual conversation, something along the line of "Oh I thought that was a bracelet. It kinda looks like it, isn't it?", the rude SA, instead, started looking him up and down and said "How did you wander in here?"

How rude!!! Till this day I still don't understand what caused her to behave that way.
That's awful!! I appreciate you sharing this experience

I went to the Nordstrom LV boutique on Michigan ave and they were very rude. I asked to see a wallet and they stated that I needed to get on the list for service? I was taken back because they weren’t busy and this is pre pandemic. A waitlist to spend my money and just see the wallet I was going to purchase?
EXACTLY!!!! If you are there in store, the least they could do was show you a wallet!

Reactions: jellenp32
I haven’t had “horrible” service in LV or Chanel as of late, but I can certainly say it hasn’t been a “luxury” experience. If anything it’s been more rushed and a lot of item not in stock. I don’t necessarily fault the companies but more they are a victim of the pandemic and I guess I just roll with it. Thankfully I have shopped both fashion houses prior to the pandemic and have an established relationship with SA’s, so most of my transactions have been remote.

I would say that I found my in store Hermes experience has been great! Since my local boutique is appt only, it’s just a more relaxing atmosphere with not as many customers in the boutique. But I should note, I visit my Hermès boutique every few months.

Ive been to Louis Vuitton inside a large department store in Manchester, UK in December on a Saturday and had really fantastic service - I had to wait 30 mins for a slot though. It was super busy but the SA was very patient and showed me everything I wanted to see if they had it in stock, which was 4-6 items, so definitely worth it.

It did not feel luxury though ... those who just wanted to window shop and look at displays were milling around spraying fragrances,
pulling at items and lifting things off shelves to look at. There was a one way system and it felt like a human conveyor belt as the store floor was quite small. Apparently it's a standard weekend thing!

Previous to the December 2021 visit, I've always found the service pleasant but i've only gone once or twice. i look unpolished and i'm certainly not a regular customer or high spender but still ok. i much prefer shopping on-line although i'd love there to be better stock.

I guess the mask can slip and the SAs get frustrated but it's really off - If you're spending £400 on an SLG, good service should be the minimum!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about these experiences. Unfortunately, my very first luxury experience/LV visit was terrible as well.

It was greatly underwhelming. I felt as if I was in just another department store :sad:. I did my research beforehand and knew they had a Speedy B 25 DE in store. When I asked for it, she produced one that was flat packed, so I thought it was new. I took a few minutes to examine it and right away saw that the lock looked like someone had taped it to the bottom of their shoe and skated around the store on it for a couple hours. It was in TERRIBLE condition. The SA gladly gave me a brand new one (when I asked), so I thought that would be the end of my issues. She acted as if I was a nuisance, so I decided to take the bag home and inspect it further later. Other than that, the SA was okaaaayyy…. she didn’t really put in any effort until she saw my card come out. At that point, she started opening up a little bit and talking more. I didn’t really care, just excited to get my new baby home.

I was so sad when I opened my box up! My dust bag was really old, wrinkled and had a huge hole in it. It wasn’t even the correct dust bag, just some large sack. I started examining the bag further and found that the red stitching was poking out in a MAJOR way. The stitch job was really bad. For what it’s worth, it was made in the U.S. and I had heard terrible things about U.S. quality.

I got in touch with my SA and told her about the dust bag and asked if the product was returned. It just had a very… returned look and feel. She never said yes or no, but I had a strong feeling that she gladly sold me a bag that was returned for these exact quality issues. I was very disappointed and turned off by store visits all together. Ended up returning the bag. All of my purchases since then have been online or through Nordstroms. I’ve been very pleased with online and in-dept. store customer service and quality, including with my new Speedy B 30 :smile:.

So sorry to hear about these experiences. Unfortunately, my very first luxury experience/LV visit was terrible as well.

It was greatly underwhelming. I felt as if I was in just another department store :sad:. I did my research beforehand and knew they had a Speedy B 25 DE in store. When I asked for it, she produced one that was flat packed, so I thought it was new. I took a few minutes to examine it and right away saw that the lock looked like someone had taped it to the bottom of their shoe and skated around the store on it for a couple hours. It was in TERRIBLE condition. The SA gladly gave me a brand new one (when I asked), so I thought that would be the end of my issues. She acted as if I was a nuisance, so I decided to take the bag home and inspect it further later. Other than that, the SA was okaaaayyy…. she didn’t really put in any effort until she saw my card come out. At that point, she started opening up a little bit and talking more. I didn’t really care, just excited to get my new baby home.

I was so sad when I opened my box up! My dust bag was really old, wrinkled and had a huge hole in it. It wasn’t even the correct dust bag, just some large sack. I started examining the bag further and found that the red stitching was poking out in a MAJOR way. The stitch job was really bad. For what it’s worth, it was made in the U.S. and I had heard terrible things about U.S. quality.

I got in touch with my SA and told her about the dust bag and asked if the product was returned. It just had a very… returned look and feel. She never said yes or no, but I had a strong feeling that she gladly sold me a bag that was returned for these exact quality issues. I was very disappointed and turned off by store visits all together. Ended up returning the bag. All of my purchases since then have been online or through Nordstroms. I’ve been very pleased with online and in-dept. store customer service and quality, including with my new Speedy B 30 :smile:.
I'm so sorry you had a bad exp also!

Reactions: k_ellen12