Bad Customer Service

I think these luxury brands, maybe except for Hermes, treat their employees like cattle. Plus, so many people are lining up for these brands that the SA's become callous. Still, I expect decent service. I've experienced rushed service and was ignored at 2 local boutiques. These were exceptions as normally I get good service. Now I work with 1 LV SA about 50 miles away. I text her my request and if in stock, she sends it. My last experience in Chanel was awful. I must have caught the SA on a bad pms day (believe me, I know these issues). She was so uptight and didn't care. I had to ask twice for her card and told her to add me to the list as I was looking for a classic WOC at that time. My regular SA was moved to another department, so the extra smooching is all gone now.
In Hermes, the SA flaked on me twice. So now I order online. I really don't care about the building relationship because I'm not ready to buy a B/K.

I've never gotten a negative service experience at LV but we do have a regular SA who's super attentive and gives us the time of day as long as he's not actively serving another client. We've spent up to an hour with him without buying anything in the end but he's still very pleasant about it. Sorry to hear about all the negative experiences! Luxury shopping shouldn't be like this.

That’s why I never shop in person nowadays. I have ordered from lv website or contacted the concierge or texted my sa. So far non bad experience at all, they have been very helpful and respectful and professional, same for Chanel and Dior. The only time I shop in person last year was Hermes and that’s wasn’t pleasant lol. So I’m gonna stick behind the screen. Lol

This is me nowadays. I have SAs in main locations that can try to find what I'm wanting to purchase, then ship to me. 15+ years ago it was so much better visiting the LV shops to see the items in person. It is still somewhat convenient to order via free shipping and look over the item in the privacy of your home. I'm sorry your experiences have been sub-par, @Zkg 1977.

I have had a negative experience in Vuitton Amsterdam many years ago when I bought my Neverfull Monogram. I got it straight for the shop and opened it in a nearby hotel. Only to notice that one of the handles had an odd dark stain on it. I went bank and the first words the same SA uttered were: “you need to be careful with your bag”. This was erroneous and insulting. Got a replacement back immediately though.

I've never gotten a negative service experience at LV but we do have a regular SA who's super attentive and gives us the time of day as long as he's not actively serving another client. We've spent up to an hour with him without buying anything in the end but he's still very pleasant about it. Sorry to hear about all the negative experiences! Luxury shopping shouldn't be like this.
Please don’t spend over an hour with a commissioned associate and leave empty handed, regardless of how nice they appear to be, that’s extremely frustrating. Time is money in retail.
signed.
Everybody who works in luxury retail

Please don’t spend over an hour with a commissioned associate and leave empty handed, regardless of how nice they appear to be, that’s extremely frustrating. Time is money in retail.
signed.
Everybody who works in luxury retail

But as a customer you're not obligated to buy something. I can imagine trying on some bags, chatting away and an hour has passed. If there is nothing what makes your heart sing it's imo okay to leave empty handed. Can imagine this is frustrating for a SA but some poeple just need time to decide before buying an expensive item.

But as a customer you're not obligated to buy something. I can imagine trying on some bags, chatting away and an hour has passed. If there is nothing what makes your heart sing it's imo okay to leave empty handed. Can imagine this is frustrating for a SA but some poeple just need time to decide before buying an expensive item.
Of course you aren’t obligated to buy anything. Lol. My point is for clients to put themselves in the shoes of the Advisor just like advisors put themselves in the shoes of the client. That’s all.

Reactions: orangefeast
Which Hawaii LV did you go to? I'm a regular at the Ala Moana location and my CA there is the best. If you ever come back feel free to message me for his info. Sorry you've gotten horrible service.

Hi! Would you be able to send me your CA contact info? Made a recent purchase and the CA that helped me didn’t give me her info.

Reactions: brnicutie