Backordering?

naatkins

Apr 2, 2010
Hi, first post here :biggrin:

I'm actually a guy looking for a messenger bag. My girlfriend and mother have always been into Coach and between the two of them I think theres around 15 bags and some shoes, keychains, and wallets. Well recently my girlfriend bought me an op art leather double billfold in black, the style number is 74179. I've fallen in love with it and decided since I;m getting a new laptop soon, I wanted a good bag to carry it in. Well I found the perfect one, its embroidered op art like the wallet, black, and the style number is 70250. I saw it for sale on coach.com around a week and a half ago. It stayed there for about 3 days before it was sold out, and on backorder until 4/15. Well I noticed today it wasn't on the site anymore.

So I started doing a little research and stumbled upon this forum, and noticed some posts about backordering items from a boutique. I was wondering if I went to the closest COach store if they could backorder it. I have the style number obviously, and know the color I want it in. If I'm able to what is the process of doing this? do they give you a call when it comes in? do you pay full price when you order it, or part then and part when you pick it up? and what's with the price adjustments I've read on here? Sorry if I sound like a noob, I know I am, I'm just looking to make sense of what to do.

Nick

you go in and ask if you can backorder xxxxx
they do that by clicking on the backorder system link
and in it they place the style number, and if there is a date/number they can add that into the cart and check out

they'd have to take down your shipping and billing info, as well as method of payment, once they place that order through they can give you a printout copy of it, and that really serves as a receipt until the invoice from jax order arrives

once the item becomes available in jax they will ship it out to you

Thank you!

One other question do they charge you when you order it or when it ships? I know a lot of places like Amazon will only charge once the item ships if its a pre-order or something similar.

So I ordered the bag over the phone, they said it would be available next week and ship to my house. So it will come sooner than expected.

I gave them my email address so they can send me tracking info when it ships, and I kind of assumed they would send some sort of confirmation email about the order, but I haven;t gotten anything yet. Also when I try to look it up with me order number it says it isn't valid, so I'm just assuming the transaction hasn't really processed yet, and that they got my email correct.