Baby bag help!

Sarah03

O.G.
Mar 2, 2013
I'm going to be an aunt! Yay! My sister and I have had an agreement for a while that I'd buy her diaper bag- and make it a good one! It's her first baby & it's a girl! She wants something cute that doesn't look like a baby bag. So I was thinking about this tote, maybe with an insert. Any input, moms? :smile:
View attachment 2722741

I love that bag but for me it wouldn't be big enough. I love their saffiano baby bags. I have one in silver/black violet. They have one in purple iris online right now that I think is beautiful. To me, they don't scream baby bag and I've read several members on here bought the same bag for work. If has a ton of room and is well organized. It also has a crossbody strap which for me is a must when running after my 3 year old while carrying my 9 month old.

I so wish they made the baby bags back when my kids were babies. I like the gingham, but ITA with Harley's post. That purple Iris baby bag is really beautiful.
Congrats to your sister!!

I've been using the diaper bag and mommy bag system. The diaper bag is just for changes and stays in the car. My mommy bag has everything else. For a mommy bag I've been using either a coach isabelle or LV Neverfull. I love a big bag that sits nicely on the shoulder. Whatever bag you carry can't be slippery because with a baby you're always moving. That bag has a great strap drop but may not be big enough. Maybe something wider would work better. Hth

Hello,

I highly recommend the coach saffiano baby bags, they are very functional and waterproof on the inside. I also, use mine as a work bag and don't think it stands out as a "baby bag". I wouldn't want to put liquids in a regular coach bag that isn't waterproof. Have fun picking:smile:

The FOS sale has the "saffiano leather baby bag tote" today in tan. It looks like a great bag and one I would have loved when I was in the diaper bag days.

It's not coming up when I go to the baby bag section so you may have to search for it.

I agree on the saffiano baby bags. They don't scream" baby". I actually use the icking stripe baby bag as a teacher bag. and... I think Zaara10 (sorry if I got the username wrong) used one of the original saff totes as a baby bag.
This is the bag I use for work - NMA - i use the changing pad on the floor so my bag doesn't have to be directly on the floor:P!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-C...252?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item5d4f1c6c04

I agree on the saffiano baby bags. They don't scream" baby". I actually use the icking stripe baby bag as a teacher bag. and... I think Zaara10 (sorry if I got the username wrong) used one of the original saff totes as a baby bag.
This is the bag I use for work - NMA - i use the changing pad on the floor so my bag doesn't have to be directly on the floor:P!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-C...252?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item5d4f1c6c04

Yup that was me :smile: I still use my e/w saffiano totes as baby bags sometimes. But on days where I have way too much stuff (that'll happen w/ an 8 month old, 4 y/o & 6 y/o) I switch to my Vera Bradley or Marc Jacobs nylon baby bag. I honestly prefer those over the coach diaper bags bc they're not as heavy once loaded up. Sometimes I like throwing a coach clutch in the diaper bag too for myself.
But bc I would miss my handbags way too much & I don't find that I need to schlep all that baby stuff around all the time, I leave the diaper bag in the car & I carry my own handbag w/ a couple baby things in it.
So as you can see, 3 kids & about 8 diaper bags later, I've realized that what works for me is really different day to day based on the events for the day!
Oh wait, I just remembered you're not the mom, but the aunt getting a gift, doh! ;) Sorry for the rambling, lol. So let's see, I wouldn't get that tote you posted. Cute, but too small. I'd either go w/ a coach diaper bag or if you're interested at looking into other brands, Vera Bradley, MJ & skip hop make really great bags. There are a lot of lovely non-diaper bag looking options these days! (Check Nordstrom's website)

Yup that was me :smile: I still use my e/w saffiano totes as baby bags sometimes. But on days where I have way too much stuff (that'll happen w/ an 8 month old, 4 y/o & 6 y/o) I switch to my Vera Bradley or Marc Jacobs nylon baby bag. I honestly prefer those over the coach diaper bags bc they're not as heavy once loaded up. Sometimes I like throwing a coach clutch in the diaper bag too for myself.
But bc I would miss my handbags way too much & I don't find that I need to schlep all that baby stuff around all the time, I leave the diaper bag in the car & I carry my own handbag w/ a couple baby things in it.
So as you can see, 3 kids & about 8 diaper bags later, I've realized that what works for me is really different day to day based on the events for the day!
Oh wait, I just remembered you're not the mom, but the aunt getting a gift, doh! ;) Sorry for the rambling, lol. So let's see, I wouldn't get that tote you posted. Cute, but too small. I'd either go w/ a coach diaper bag or if you're interested at looking into other brands, Vera Bradley, MJ & skip hop make really great bags. There are a lot of lovely non-diaper bag looking options these days! (Check Nordstrom's website)

Thanks for your response! I was thinking about doing a saffiano coach tote with an insert or possibly the coach saffiano diaper bag. I am worried about the bag getting too heavy, though. I'll check out nordstroms though! Thank you!! :smile: