B30

CollectorTO8

Oct 31, 2020
I wanted to share my recent Hermes experience. I am relatively new to the Hermes brand but I really love all things Hermes and will continue to purchase from the store as I love their quality and design.

I just purchased my First Birkin this month... A Birkin 30, Noir, Togo leather with Rose Gold Hardware in the Toronto Hermes Store.

I did build up a substantial purchase history with my SA. I will say it was at about the 10K mark that I was offered a bag so I know I didn't need to buy more but I wasn't buying to get offered a bag. I had a few gifts I needed to buy and I also fell in love with their items so I continued to buy. My SA and I get along well. I trust her style & she is always very polite and accommodating. I also think that I didn't "need" to even spend the 10K - I would likely have been offered a bag if I had been patient but I do think it helped to hit that number. However, I wasn't keeping track of the number- I only calculated it after as I know people want to know. I was truly buying items I loved or items as gifts that I had planned on giving and I did get carried a way but I can't help myself with Hermes. The store is just too tempting.

here is my story...
Dec 2018- I was gifted a large decorative plate that wasn't my style. I returned it and upgraded to purchase a watch - I think I spent about 1.5K on the upgrade
May 2020- Spent about $1700 on a new watch band, a couple twillies, a couple bangles, and a lipstick. We talked about bags and she showed me some leather swatches so that I could see this years colours and of course said there were no bags in store (I didn't ask). We did talk about my preferences and she gave me her info to text/keep in touch with her.
July 2020- Spent about $4500 on 3 H click bracelets, 3 lipsticks, 3 twillies, & a pair of shoes- I didn't ask about bags, I had a friend with me and she also bought a belt from my SA as my friend was new to Hermes.
Sept 2020- spent about $3K - I bought a belt, twilly & blanket. My SA asked me if I would consider GHW as there is a bag that she could show me now that she thought I would like. I told her I really wanted RGH and would she recommend that I wait or was I asking the impossible? She advised me to hold out and that she thought she would be able to find me something if I was patient but she didn't think it would take long.
mid Sept 2020 - spent $4K on 2 blankets (presents for family) & 1 H Click Bracelet- She told me she had good news and was expecting my dream bag soon (within a month)
Oct 2020 Spent 2K- another blanket (gift) & a small bracelet.
Oct 2020- bought my Birkin for $12,700 + tax (cdn)
oct 2020- ordered dinnerware set for 8 about $3.5K - after buying the bag.

I absolutely love my bag and maybe next year I will get a colourful Kelly bag but I am in no rush. I will continue to buy gifts at Hermes and to build up my dinnerware collection.

Other notes:
Every time I went in I was dressed well (not sure if that mattered). I had nice handbags with me (Chanel & LV but also went in with lesser known bags like Polene or Mulberry or Mlouye), I would wear simple jewelry (diamond studs & nice watches- i.e. Rolex, Cartier or Hermes & my wedding rings) The clothes & bags that I do wear do not have logos all over them- I would often wear dresses- the bags I have from LV were more subtle than their bags with LV all over them & same with Chanel, always wear nice footwear (Chanel boots, Ferragamo heels or flats from Browns).

This was all done over COVID and the store is less busy as everyone has to book an appt but you do have to make the most of your time as you are only allotted a certain window so I would often do my research before and then when I came in, my SA would guide me. I felt I got incredible service and my SA was always attentive. I was always on time and never pushy. I think it is important to respect your SA's time and to understand that she must get questions about bags all of the time.

I wish everyone reading this luck on their journey and hopefully this has helped in some small way.

IMG_7031.jpg

Congratulations!! Beautiful Birkin! Thanks so much for your detailed story. I have recently started working remotely with a SA in Montreal and was curious how much spend is needed. Enjoy your bag!

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Thank you for all the details in your story! I always find this so interesting. Congrats on your new bag!

Out of curiosity, which tableware pattern are you collecting?

Congrats on your classic beauty! Black Birkin in my eyes are the ultimate and thank you also for sharing your story with us :hbeat:

I wanted to share my recent Hermes experience. I am relatively new to the Hermes brand but I really love all things Hermes and will continue to purchase from the store as I love their quality and design.

I just purchased my First Birkin this month... A Birkin 30, Noir, Togo leather with Rose Gold Hardware in the Toronto Hermes Store.

I did build up a substantial purchase history with my SA. I will say it was at about the 10K mark that I was offered a bag so I know I didn't need to buy more but I wasn't buying to get offered a bag. I had a few gifts I needed to buy and I also fell in love with their items so I continued to buy. My SA and I get along well. I trust her style & she is always very polite and accommodating. I also think that I didn't "need" to even spend the 10K - I would likely have been offered a bag if I had been patient but I do think it helped to hit that number. However, I wasn't keeping track of the number- I only calculated it after as I know people want to know. I was truly buying items I loved or items as gifts that I had planned on giving and I did get carried a way but I can't help myself with Hermes. The store is just too tempting.

here is my story...
Dec 2018- I was gifted a large decorative plate that wasn't my style. I returned it and upgraded to purchase a watch - I think I spent about 1.5K on the upgrade
May 2020- Spent about $1700 on a new watch band, a couple twillies, a couple bangles, and a lipstick. We talked about bags and she showed me some leather swatches so that I could see this years colours and of course said there were no bags in store (I didn't ask). We did talk about my preferences and she gave me her info to text/keep in touch with her.
July 2020- Spent about $4500 on 3 H click bracelets, 3 lipsticks, 3 twillies, & a pair of shoes- I didn't ask about bags, I had a friend with me and she also bought a belt from my SA as my friend was new to Hermes.
Sept 2020- spent about $3K - I bought a belt, twilly & blanket. My SA asked me if I would consider GHW as there is a bag that she could show me now that she thought I would like. I told her I really wanted RGH and would she recommend that I wait or was I asking the impossible? She advised me to hold out and that she thought she would be able to find me something if I was patient but she didn't think it would take long.
mid Sept 2020 - spent $4K on 2 blankets (presents for family) & 1 H Click Bracelet- She told me she had good news and was expecting my dream bag soon (within a month)

I absolutely love my bag and maybe next year I will get a colourful Kelly bag but I am in no rush. I will continue to buy gifts at Hermes and to build up my dinnerware collection.

Other notes:
Every time I went in I was dressed well (not sure if that mattered). I had nice handbags with me (Chanel & LV but also went in with lesser known bags like Polene or Mulberry or Mlouye), I would wear simple jewelry (diamond studs & nice watches- i.e. Rolex, Cartier or Hermes & my wedding rings) The clothes & bags that I do wear do not have logos all over them- I would often wear dresses- the bags I have from LV were more subtle than their bags with LV all over them & same with Chanel, always wear nice footwear (Chanel boots, Ferragamo heels or flats from Browns).

This was all done over COVID and the store is less busy as everyone has to book an appt but you do have to make the most of your time as you are only allotted a certain window so I would often do my research before and then when I came in, my SA would guide me. I felt I got incredible service and my SA was always attentive. I was always on time and never pushy. I think it is important to respect your SA's time and to understand that she must get questions about bags all of the time.

I wish everyone reading this luck on their journey and hopefully this has helped in some small way.

View attachment 4894124

• Love
Gorgeous bag! I live in Toronto and have had the same SA at the Toronto store since 2008. I adore her and we have become friends over the years. Like you, I have only purchased things I loved, or gifts for others, and never felt as though I was being pressured into spending a certain amount in order to be offered a bag. Enjoy your new treasure...it’s a classic ❤️

here is my story...

Other notes:

View attachment 4894124
Congratulations! beautiful Birkin!

• Love
Congrats! Enjoy your new bag, she is gorgeous :heart:
I don’t live in TO, but it is my “home” store. I too have been shopping with my SA therefor the last 10 years or so and would consider her a friend as we tend to chit chat about other stuff more than Hermes when I am there!
I’ve never actually calculated what I’ve spent, but I’ve been offered Bs and have never felt pushed into buying anything. I’ve only bought what I’ve loved in bits here and there.

• Love
Reactions: hclubfan and RT1