B. Makowsky Satchel, what do you think?

Do you happen to know where I could purchase the steel 0-rings that are supposed to be on either side of the Jakarta handbag? I have contacted the company to no avail. Thanks. Dorothy

I had an odd discussion with a Nordstrom SA who said that Makowsky (and his wife KVZ) spend a lot of money on lawsuits for copying designs, including from Liz Claiborne. There was a new Makowsky bag at Nordstrom this week that looked like several other bags, to the point I picked it up and named three off the top of my head.

That said, Makowsky bags are well made out of nice materials. I just wish they did not feel compelled to put out 15 designs a couple of times a year. If you have ever gone to TJM and seen the store flooded with them, they devalue themselves. And sometimes the leather is so soft it is prone to easy scratching - which seems to be why TJM always has a bunch.

Buying one from QVC does get you their generous return policy, but I have never seen a Makowsky on sale there. And QVC does not use the Makowsky style names but sell almost identical bags made by Makowsky for QVC.

I have one and I love the bag! I get plenty of compliments. He's all over this year...dillards,macy's, nordstrom, even at tjmaxx and marshalls. he does make quality purses...i think you'll be the talk of town if you buy his purse.

I own two of them and I love them. I get so many compliments.
I bought the last one at TJ Maxx for $79. It is a beautiful light green color with great hardware. I will buy more of them.

i've met b makowsky (through work) and i can say that he uses scrumptious leather. he's also a really nice man.

his wife also designs bags, but they're a bit trendier.

I bought one at TJ maxx yesterday. It is the softest black bag that I have ever felt. It had gunmetal studs on it and it reminded me of the RM MA hobo that we can't get made from RM but I liked it better and bought it. It also was over $440 less. I am excited about finding such a nice bag for so much less money.

Cute bag. I love his bags generally--he seems to put out a million different styles all the time, and I keep finding things that I like. Lately I have been buying some of the more expensive bags, but when it comes down to it, in my opinion, the extra 300 or 400 dollars isn't always worth it. There are a lot of his bags that aren't reminiscent of other designers, so if someone doesn't really go for the "inspired by" thing, you can definitely find that. These days when pleather seems to be all the rage, I find his styles a great option for affordable, decent quality bags.