B. Makowsky bags are not a wise choice

is it me or b.mawkoski and michael kors handbags are super ugly? u find em in every department stores but u dont see anybody buyin em.

im not knockin the brand cause i just bought a kors watch for my GF and it looks great! the other stuff is good such as clothes but i just dont like their bags at all.

Our TJM carries a ton of the B.Makowsky bags also and KVZ. I have purchased KVZ just for fun and a wild pop of color without spending a lot of money. I consider these bags..."disposable" and carry them for a short time. I think there will always be a market for these types of bags...even for those of us that prefer to carry quality brands for the long haul. KVZ bags are surprisingly durable for vinyl, and as long as you know what you're getting...it's ok.

ok i have to eat my own words. i just bought a mawkoski bag in leopard print. it looked nice. what can i say? lol :smile: hopefully the quality is not as bad from the negative comments i read here.

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 862
  • bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 881
I just recently purchased a B. Makowsky bag a week ago. I am going to change into it today. From what I've been reading I'm a little leary but will give it a chance. I bought mine at T. J. Maxx and got it for $119.00. Its a tote style and its a beautiful navy blue. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I bought one of the lucky ones,LOL.

I had to give my MBMJ bag a break so I switched back to my 3-year old, very intact black soft leather Makowski bag. I am very fond of it and it has served me well. This was bought from Marshall's and I remember people staring at it when I was walking around the store deciding whether to get it or not.

I have 2 B Makowskys, but I've only carried one so far. I paid $150 for one from TJ Maxx and about $130 for the other from ebags.com. I haven't had a problem yet with the one I'm carrying that is black. I did however have a problem with a red one and I returned it as soon as I saw color transfer. It seems like the issues are really hit and miss. I joined the QVC forum, as they sell a lot of these bags, and there are many ladies that have had problems and many that are extremely happy with theirs. I haven't worn any light colors yet with my black bag, but with spring approaching only time will tell. I haven't treated my bag yet either. There are some cute styles coming out that I like a lot, but I'm not buying anymore B Makowsky until I'm certain I won't have any issues. It's good for everyone to know you will get very little, if any customer service from the B Makowsky company, from the experiences that I've read. Might be worth it to some to spend a little extra on your B Makowsky bag and buy from a store with a very good return policy.

I bought a camel color bag in sept and it is all stained. I called macy' and they say they do not send bags out to be refurbished - send to manufacturer - gee thanks - looked on line and can't find a number or email address. the bag was originally 550 - I paid a hundred - throw it out or how do I have it cleaned? help!

my mom had a black one and i borrow it sometimes.
the leather is very soft like you said and THICK.
after two years it's still in in perfect condition *shrugs*

I had to give my MBMJ bag a break so I switched back to my 3-year old, very intact black soft leather Makowski bag. I am very fond of it and it has served me well. This was bought from Marshall's and I remember people staring at it when I was walking around the store deciding whether to get it or not.

I absolutely love B Makowsky leather, but the bags themselves seem to stain/change color. I bought this beautiful sky blue bag, and the color started changing to this dingy greenish-yellowish blue, not at all the color I bought or loved.. now it just sits in my closet.. I've considered dying it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Well, I've been using my B. Makowsky bag now for 2 months and so far is has not disappointed me yet. The leather is soft and yummy. I don't know if I would buy one of his lighter colored ones. The one I have is a beautiful navy. Seems well made. We'll see as the months go by.

The last time I looked at the BMakowsky bags in TJMaxx, they all looked like they were made from washed leather... felt like micro nubuck/micro-suede. Is this what the problem stems from?

I don't think there's much one can do if one is transferring body oils from one's own hands, it could happen with any kind of bag made of naked (unprotected) leather, seems this kind of leather lends itself to the distressed motorcycle styles... just have to be very diligent about not over-fondling the bag I guess.