B*Bag Boys Club

Hey guys, first of all, you have an amazing styles and amazing collections, I'm so jealous!
I've been wanting to buy a Balenciaga for years and I think the time has finally come haha :smile:
I'm looking for a shoulder carried bag for college, so obviously it needs to be able to carry my 13 inch macbook and some books. I am currently considering a classic arena tote with top handles as well (I don't think it has a name) or the men's Day. Do you guys think a Day can fit a laptop comfortably? Would you advise (against) it? Or has any of you used it like that? Thanks so much! :smile:

Sharing some shots I shared on the Fendi Fellas thread because it's a Balenciaga (Classic City XL). What do you guys think? I have a few more days to decide if I should keep this. Does this look a bit feminine on me? One of my friends said the tassels, the blue colour, and the level of decoration on the front makes it look like I'm using a women's bag. Do you agree?

The bag is fully stuffed at the moment so it looks weird in the cross-body shot.
p_20170603_173806-jpg.3719235

p_20170603_173858-jpg.3719236

p_20170603_173948-jpg.3719237

Hey guys, first of all, you have an amazing styles and amazing collections, I'm so jealous!
I've been wanting to buy a Balenciaga for years and I think the time has finally come haha :smile:
I'm looking for a shoulder carried bag for college, so obviously it needs to be able to carry my 13 inch macbook and some books. I am currently considering a classic arena tote with top handles as well (I don't think it has a name) or the men's Day. Do you guys think a Day can fit a laptop comfortably? Would you advise (against) it? Or has any of you used it like that? Thanks so much! :smile:
I didn't find this thread till today. I don't know if you're still deciding. Probably not given the date of your original post, but if you still haven't bought one yet, here's what I think:

I used to have a Day messenger and it looked better saggy, so if you put a laptop into it, it may look stiff or the outline of your laptop would show easily against the softer silhouette of the bag.

So I suggest the Arena tote. Are you considering the large men's Arena tote?

I think.. I think I want that bag!
But no, I don't find it at all feminine on you. The silver hardware and buckles work perfectly for a guy. If you're unsure about the tassels, you can always replace them with a "manly" zipper pull, but I'd leave them.
Congrats on a great bag, it's definitely a keeper.

Reactions: averagejoe
I think.. I think I want that bag!
But no, I don't find it at all feminine on you. The silver hardware and buckles wors perfectly for a guy. If you're unsure about the tassels, you can always replace them with a "manly" zipper pull, but I'd leave them.
Congrats on a great bag, it's definitely a keeper.
Thanks for your feedback! I had a Balenciaga phase years ago and then I guess I had a change of heart and sold all of them. Then I saw this and despite wanting a blue bag, I was unsure if I wanted another Balenciaga. I purchased it anyway and am now deciding if I should keep it. I am currently swaying towards keeping it but the comment about it looking like a women's purse made me really question keeping the bag.

I was just trying it on today and I started to remember why I loved Balenciaga so much back then. The bag deflates on itself when I set it down. I had a similar-sized Balenciaga years ago but I think that was a bad-leather year, and the leather was dry and didn't slouch like this. I sold them all at a huge loss on consignment.

Reactions: BPC
Anyway it's just a bag and it shouldn't be a factor to determine your manliness. But there will always be people who loves or hate it no matter what you carry. And to be honest at the end of the day I've learnt tat nobody really cares. It's all in our own mind. So just carry whatever that you're comfortable with. And I'm envious coz you looked great w it btw! :smile:

Anyway it's just a bag and it shouldn't be a factor to determine your manliness. But there will always be people who loves or hate it no matter what you carry. And to be honest at the end of the day I've learnt tat nobody really cares. It's all in our own mind. So just carry whatever that you're comfortable with. And I'm envious coz you looked great w it btw! :smile:
Thanks! You're right. I think I'm just being a bit self-conscious. There are people who probably think that any man-bag is a purse (even messenger bags). Can't constantly try to avoid judgement from these people :smile:

Reactions: muchstuff
I got a Balenciaga bracelet from Holts to match my City XL. What do you guys think? I got a good deal on it, too!
P_20170625_130331.jpg P_20170625_130349.jpg
The blue is similar but not the same. I'm not too sure about the hardware which is pale gold, so it doesn't go perfectly with the bag.

P_20170625_130934.jpg P_20170625_130823.jpg