Avoid The Face Dental

I had DJS and genio at TFD 3 years ago and I am fine with my result it’s not perfect there is asymmetry of my right and left jawline and chin but it’s not noticeable in person only certain photos but nobody has perfect symmetry and it doesn’t bother me at all but to people that are perfectionist I don’t recommend this surgery it’s high chance of some asymmetry maybe bc in korea they don’t use the state of the art programs that measure super accurate movements not sure what it’s called but in the west it’s used

I had it to have a less long lower jaw but overall the trade off was worth it for me
The problem is not just about asymmetrical results unfortunately.
When I got my first djs with dr lee I was not even able to close my mouth because my jaw was totally offset and he was still ignoring my complains. I had to convince him I needed a revision asap to be able to eat because of the pain. He finally did it but honestly his behavior was unprofessional, he kept saying « it’s ok don’t worry » when I told him my jaw was totally offset and popped off during the nights. It was scary af and traumatized me.
Even with the revision it’s not aligned and very visible when I open the mouth. My lower jaw is not aligned with the upper jaw and im
Not able to fix it because the surgery would be too complicated and expensive. Getting this surgery with him was the worst mistake of my life.

Reactions: dpnot
The problem is not just about asymmetrical results unfortunately.
When I got my first djs with dr lee I was not even able to close my mouth because my jaw was totally offset and he was still ignoring my complains. I had to convince him I needed a revision asap to be able to eat because of the pain. He finally did it but honestly his behavior was unprofessional, he kept saying « it’s ok don’t worry » when I told him my jaw was totally offset and popped off during the nights. It was scary af and traumatized me.
Even with the revision it’s not aligned and very visible when I open the mouth. My lower jaw is not aligned with the upper jaw and im
Not able to fix it because the surgery would be too complicated and expensive. Getting this surgery with him was the worst mistake of my life.
I’m really sorry to hear that and i feel so lucky as before I done it I went in not doing proper research about chances of complications and now I realise it’s not worth the surgery… can braces not align your teeth so they sit right? or is it more related to your jaw positions? I had braces after surgery as my lower teeth were always wider than the uppers (crossbite) but now it’s improved

Reactions: Jessicala
I’m really sorry to hear that and i feel so lucky as before I done it I went in not doing proper research about chances of complications and now I realise it’s not worth the surgery… can braces not align your teeth so they sit right? or is it more related to your jaw positions? I had braces after surgery as my lower teeth were always wider than the uppers (crossbite) but now it’s improved
It’s related to jaw position he has put my lower jaw too much inward and he did a rotation on both jaw to the left and right
Surgeon I consulted didn’t really understand why he did that and said it had no sense…
I also have recessed gum because of the movements and getting braces would make it worse -.-

It’s related to jaw position he has put my lower jaw too much inward and he did a rotation on both jaw to the left and right
Surgeon I consulted didn’t really understand why he did that and said it had no sense…
I also have recessed gum because of the movements and getting braces would make it worse -.-
Ooh that don’t sound good but your movements sound similar to what I had… what do you mean by recessed gums not allowing braces? Bc even Invisalign can widen a narrow lower arch so atleast you can bite together… did you consult with a few orthodontics?

Ooh that don’t sound good but your movements sound similar to what I had… what do you mean by recessed gums not allowing braces? Bc even Invisalign can widen a narrow lower arch so atleast you can bite together… did you consult with a few orthodontics?
Because my gum is very low and sensitive
I consulted with few orthodontist who said it was a risk to put braces on it and they were not even sure to be able to fix the mess

Because my gum is very low and sensitive
I consulted with few orthodontist who said it was a risk to put braces on it and they were not even sure to be able to fix the mess
I think you should get more opinions it’s not as risky as they are saying with Invisalign maybe metal braces is not recommended though … since my op my upper jaw didn’t fully adhere to the bone so it moves slightly up and down but the Invisalign has still moved my teeth into a better bite and not made the jaws worse so maybe ask around

Reactions: Jessicala
i havent logged in this forum in awhile and the first thread i read is about the clinic that changed my life. i have had good results from TFD and i cannot imagine any one of you all getting bad results. sorry to hear that and i wish yall all the best
It's good that you haven't been in the forum a while with good results. Congrats!

Because braces increase the gum recession… and my teeth and gum are very very sensitive now even years after the surgery…