Avalon cleaning

The Laundress is what I use for cashmere as well. Eric Bompard makes a great cashmere wash but my DH developed an allergy to it, so we returned to Laundress.
And yup, it's not ideal to dry-clean cashmere. I do it occasionally but I would not do it for the better-quality ones. Always best to ask the cashmere manufacturer. Loro Piana, the Row, Naadam, etc., will tell you to hand wash, Bompard will even tell you to machine wash.
OP, glad your blanket is clean!

Reactions: AnnaE
The Laundress wash is amazing! That's good advice to check with manufacturer of cashmere re hand or machine. I put mine in the machine on delicate cold and so far no issues.

It's now so soft, because of the amount of water this thing soaked up it was still drying last night. Hoping when I get home it'll be bone dry! I hate it not being on display.

The Laundress is what I use for cashmere as well. Eric Bompard makes a great cashmere wash but my DH developed an allergy to it, so we returned to Laundress.
And yup, it's not ideal to dry-clean cashmere. I do it occasionally but I would not do it for the better-quality ones. Always best to ask the cashmere manufacturer. Loro Piana, the Row, Naadam, etc., will tell you to hand wash, Bompard will even tell you to machine wash.
OP, glad your blanket is clean!

Modern washing machines are theoretically gentle enough for cashmere, but I will say that I would probably be too anxious in case something went wrong. I helped a friend hand wash a cashmere Hermes shawl recently — walked her through the process using the Laundress. Came out just fine. I definitely trust handwashing over dry cleaning, and I think it is better for the material as well.

Reactions: JA_UK and scarf1
Modern washing machines are theoretically gentle enough for cashmere, but I will say that I would probably be too anxious in case something went wrong. I helped a friend hand wash a cashmere Hermes shawl recently — walked her through the process using the Laundress. Came out just fine. I definitely trust handwashing over dry cleaning, and I think it is better for the material as well.

I've heard horror stories about washing machines and cashmere. One bad time is a good enough reason for me not to do it.

Mine is not Avalon but the Cheval Boro blanket. My helper just put it in the washing machine and she said she used the "spin wool" function. I am devastated the moment I saw it this morning. Anything I can do now?! :sad:

• Wow
Reactions: FrenchNewbie
Mine is not Avalon but the Cheval Boro blanket. My helper just put it in the washing machine and she said she used the "spin wool" function. I am devastated the moment I saw it this morning. Anything I can do now?! :sad:
That one's mostly wool...what happened to it? Did it shrink, or something else?

I am washing all my cashmeres in the washing machine. Jumpers, H cashmere scarves, cashmere blankets. Hand washing cycle, spin at 800. I am placing maximum of 3 jumpers or scarves in one load, similar colors and always with a color catcher. Never had any problems, no shrinkage during washing.
Drying was usually done on the floor with underfloor heating on (jumpers) or on the radiators (scarves). Sometimes I was just hanging jumpers on the hangers and letting them dry overnight.
The only time one of my jumpers shrunk was when I was testing Samsung airdrier and I had chosen a wrong drying program.
Now I am using it to dry cashmeres, coats, trousers and love it.

Our washing machine has a no spin cycle. I've used for cashmere and wool with the specific detergents for wool, and they turned out fine. I haven't washed my hermes throws though :smile: