Scarves Autumn/Winter 2020 scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title.

If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post.
:drinks:

Try also not to keep posting stock photos once listed but offer your own photos to help others make their choices. Thank you :flowers:

Thanks for the picture! The feathers do look beautiful here, but they are rather green, whereas my goal was really to obtain something fuschia without too many other distracting colors... Still debating though!
You might look around for a resale of Sous le Champs de Mars 140 in pink..( not sure of colorway # ) MaiTais picturebook has a view of it and it is predominantly hot pink with slight lavender and white detail. Beautiful, and more one colour family. Also there’s a gorgeous fuschia on pearl grey background of loosely painted horses heads from the F/W 2020 that everyone seems to ignore. The design is very simple and painterly but the richness of the fuschia in real life is stunning... very austere but definitely beautiful and modern looking.

Reactions: hotgalaxy
View attachment 4977014

Pairing the shawl with a black dress. The shawl is incredible in person. The pic on the website doesn’t do it justice.
Thank you! Looks gorgeous on you! I am a black dress lover so what a perfect outfit to share :smile:

Do you ever feel cautious to fold it a certain way to ensure it won't be "too busy" (as my DH worried) near your face? This would be my first 140 and I know most people would probably pick something really colorful so I'm also wondering if you're adding a neutral to an already big collection or if I'd be making a mistake to get something so simple for a first 140.

Thank you! Looks gorgeous on you! I am a black dress lover so what a perfect outfit to share :smile:

Do you ever feel cautious to fold it a certain way to ensure it won't be "too busy" (as my DH worried) near your face? This would be my first 140 and I know most people would probably pick something really colorful so I'm also wondering if you're adding a neutral to an already big collection or if I'd be making a mistake to get something so simple for a first 140.

I love how different shawls look depending on which corner you decide to highlight. With colorful shawls, it can look like 4 shawls in 1. This is a gorgeous neutral shawl and all corners are equally beautiful. Busy designs do not bother me. I actually love details. I was afraid this cw would wash me out but it actually doesn’t. I’m fair and pale btw, and I think it looks ok on me :P. If you can make an appointment, go in and try on different shawls.

If you love it, then it's the shawl for you. Who cares what other people may pick? This was the one I wanted in Plumes from the beginning, as I am a total neutral lover (and like you, wear basically only black.) My SA actually ordered it for me and I was so excited to try it on. I did, and I looked TERRIBLE! Just washed me out completely ( and I have the natural/caramel Act III and I think it looks great). So totally agree with SugarMama- try it on. You will know is its the one for you.
And BTW, Sugar Mama, I am SO jealous of how it looks on you- its beautiful! :loveeyes:

Reactions: SugarMama
I love how different shawls look depending on which corner you decide to highlight. With colorful shawls, it can look like 4 shawls in 1. This is a gorgeous neutral shawl and all corners are equally beautiful. Busy designs do not bother me. I actually love details. I was afraid this cw would wash me out but it actually doesn’t. I’m fair and pale btw, and I think it looks ok on me :P. If you can make an appointment, go in and try on different shawls.
Good call, thank you for the context. I didn't consider the flexibility/benefit of a more colorful shawl. I bet even with something like this you can still get a slightly different look by choosing what to feature, right? The details are what get me about this design - I love how delicate it is and it looks fantastic on you. I guess I should just go in and try it on :smile:

If you love it, then it's the shawl for you. Who cares what other people may pick? This was the one I wanted in Plumes from the beginning, as I am a total neutral lover (and like you, wear basically only black.) My SA actually ordered it for me and I was so excited to try it on. I did, and I looked TERRIBLE! Just washed me out completely ( and I have the natural/caramel Act III and I think it looks great). So totally agree with SugarMama- try it on. You will know is its the one for you.
And BTW, Sugar Mama, I am SO jealous of how it looks on you- its beautiful! :loveeyes:
Thank you for your advice to trust myself! I'm not good at that actually :smile: it's probably hard to go wrong with anything that really speaks to me... it's not like it wouldn't get used since I adore shawls! I love the Acte III and very much regret passing it up last season. Our boutique never had the colorway you describe, would you share photos? Now I'm intrigued!!

Reactions: SugarMama