Autologous Rib or Diced Rib for bridge

unhappywith

Jan 23, 2022
Has anyone done rhino using rib or diced-rib for nose bridge?
Everything has pros and cons, but I would like to talk with members with experience about which material is better among the two.
I had an online consultation with one of clinic, and they didn't recommend and said negative things about diced rib cartilage. But I think there are a lot of members on the forum who are interested in diced rib cartilage.

I think it depends on personal condition tbh. People who have too low bridge, the absorbtion chance is higher when they use diced cartilage on the bridge. If your bridge has some height originally, then it's better for you. Many Korean clinics recommend silicone bridge because it's a simple job. Pros and cons are pretty clear with both methods, so decision should be made upon your preference and priority.

Has anyone done rhino using rib or diced-rib for nose bridge?
Everything has pros and cons, but I would like to talk with members with experience about which material is better among the two.
I had an online consultation with one of clinic, and they didn't recommend and said negative things about diced rib cartilage. But I think there are a lot of members on the forum who are interested in diced rib cartilage.
Hi @rrr789 I had rib rhinoplasty not diced rib but whole rib cartilage to build up my bridge height in 2016 and it has held nicely for 7+ years. It is meant to be permanent. I would not recommend silicone as it is a foreign body so the body may react, reject it or get infected and would then need to be replaced.

I was very impervious towards using silicone but in this day and age technology has advanced and so did the silicone materials, I am getting my surgery today and will be using both my ribs and silicone so don’t be too afraid of silicone, ask your doctor!