Authenticity Quiz: Can you spot the Balenciaga vs. Super Fake?

Which bag is the authentic Balenciaga?

• A) Sandstone Gold Giant Hobo

• B) Black Gold Giant Hobo

Results are only viewable after voting.
So sad to see how they're getting better at making these super fake bags. :tdown:
I must admit, the first pic was pretty hard to tell but the pic of the interior tags gave it away that the Black Hobo is fake.

thanks Corey for starting this great thread! :flowers: honestly if not for the close ups & hints with a side by side comparisons, though i would feel uncomfortable with the sloppy stitchings, i could not 100% be sure that the black one is fake.

i really learnt quite alot from this thread especially the part on the fonts, hope to see more of such quizzes :P

Thanks, Corey xoxoox!

I could not have told which is fake or authentic from the front-on only shots. The thing that gave it away for me was the close-up comparison of the zippers and the side shots of the cutting and stitching of the leather pieces through which the O-rings go. Otherwise, I'd never have been able to tell whether they are fake. PIctures are hard to go by in terms of the leather textures, and like Corey says, the leathers do vary from year to year/batch to batch.

Thanks so much for the lesson, Corey! I love your authenticity quizzes! I had a hunch the black was fake after seeing the questionable stitching on the handle attachment part, but wasn't sure until the answer was finally revealed!