Authenticate This PROENZA SCHOULER

balenciaguy

Apr 1, 2016
Hello,

I’m looking to purchase this extra large ps 1 in black. However, I noticed that the tag looks different from the other ps1 models. Is this normal for the XL model?

Thank you!

74A7B516-706A-403E-B61B-8ECC0F782107.jpeg

2DD8D224-17C5-4BA1-B784-9C028F5E64E5.png

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Hello,

I’m looking to purchase this extra large ps 1 in black. However, I noticed that the tag looks different from the other ps1 models. Is this normal for the XL model?

Thank you!

View attachment 5147066

View attachment 5147067
Hi! This is not normal for the XL, no, that bag usually comes with two straps. What you have here is a Men's version: https://www.lyst.com/bags/proenza-schouler-medium-ps1-shoulder-bag-black-6/ Don't mind that it says it's a 'Medium', it's not, Lyst gets sizes confused sometimes.

This might be authentic, but obviously, with just two so-so photos there's no way to know for sure. So if you want the bag authenticated, please provide all the necessary pictures and, if you have it, the link to the listing.

• Insightful
Reactions: Elliespurse

balenciaguy

Apr 1, 2016
Hi! This is not normal for the XL, no, that bag usually comes with two straps. What you have here is a Men's version: https://www.lyst.com/bags/proenza-schouler-medium-ps1-shoulder-bag-black-6/ Don't mind that it says it's a 'Medium', it's not, Lyst gets sizes confused sometimes.

This might be authentic, but obviously, with just two so-so photos there's no way to know for sure. So if you want the bag authenticated, please provide all the necessary pictures and, if you have it, the link to the listing.
Thank you, IntheOcean. I’ll ask the seller for more photos of the bag.

balenciaguy

Apr 1, 2016

Hi IntheOcean,

I managed to get more photos. Hopefully this will do to help authenticate the bag :smile:

Thank you!!

Attachments

cathead87

O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
Hello,

Thank you!
I have this same black XL PS1. It is made from grained buffalo…not lambskin like the others. It is heavier than the lambskin version but worth it since the buffalo is a workhorse. I have used it for work and travel and it still looks great…like new.

My PS tag is also attached the same way as in your photos. I have seen other XL buffalo PS1s in which the tag is attached the “normal” way and the ends of the strap are a bit different. I assume they are just adjustments they made with different year models.

I have attached a pic of the PS1 tag attachment that I found online. B41B8398-4E6E-44E6-AE42-B0E61236AF6D.jpeg

balenciaguy

Apr 1, 2016
I have this same black XL PS1. It is made from grained buffalo…not lambskin like the others. It is heavier than the lambskin version but worth it since the buffalo is a workhorse. I have used it for work and travel and it still looks great…like new.

My PS tag is also attached the same way as in your photos. I have seen other XL buffalo PS1s in which the tag is attached the “normal” way and the ends of the strap are a bit different. I assume they are just adjustments they made with different year models.

I have attached a pic of the PS1 tag attachment that I found online. View attachment 5147501
Thank you so much! I went ahead and purchased the bag! So excited to get it this week

Reactions: Elliespurse