Authenticate This Marc Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !
Thank you ! I wish you could tell me just what to look for, to know the difference ?
Some of these replicas are very convincing these days !!

Thanks, you have eased my mind !

Look forward to knowing !!

Hello !
Thank you ! I wish you could tell me just what to look for, to know the difference ?
Some of these replicas are very convincing these days !!

Thanks, you have eased my mind !

Look forward to knowing !!

Could you please re-post the pics when you ask questions like these, so that we don't have to hunt around for your previous post? :yes:

The most obvious problem with the "Stam" in question is that the MJ lettering on the nameplate is completely wrong. If you look at authenticated listings, you can see what it should look like. :tup:

This one is real, and I've seen authentic MJs from this seller before.:tup:

Thank you! I asked for picture of locks, and there is a small latch on the lock. I dont think I saw this on other Stams in stores, but may be I ignored it? Is this latch normal and does anyone know anything about MJ putting latches like this on stams? Is this still authentic? THanks!DSC00723.JPG

DSC00726.JPG

Thank you! I asked for picture of locks, and there is a small latch on the lock. I dont think I saw this on other Stams in stores, but may be I ignored it? Is this latch normal and does anyone know anything about MJ putting latches like this on stams? Is this still authentic? THanks!View attachment 699542

View attachment 699543
I believe all stams have the little button on the clasp to help prevent it from slipping open. The first season did not come with it, and MJ realized the design flaw when it kept popping open. Judging from the interior, this one should have the little button.

Status
Not open for further replies.