Authenticate This LONGCHAMP! -- Please refer to 1st post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Millefiori bag from summer 2005 in medium size. Technically not a "Pliage" because it doesn't fold up. I have one that I got in Paris! :yes:

The bag looks authentic because of the leather & clear plastic tags on the inside. Also, the zipper pull looks good because the horse and jockey are distinct. I haven't seen any fake Pliages except in the solid colors. Though of course there's always a first.

Please help me authenticate this Longchamp bag.

It looks good to me, and I have the same bag in black, but I just want to be sure. (Also, it doesn't seem like it would be profitable to anyone to fake this bag, but you never know.)

I asked the seller for more photos but she said that she is selling the bag for her aunt, who is the one that provided her with the photos, and that she therefore can't provide any more now but will later if her aunt can provide them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250273984774

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Authentic. :smile: Inside zipper is correct (should say Longchamp on it), looks like there's writing on the little circular hardware, as there should be, and the tag and card are correct. That's a great deal... don't let it get away!!!

I have not seen fake leather Longchamp bags before, but lots and lots of fake Pliages exist, including at least one for sale on eBay right now.

I am new to this website! I am hoping that some shallow obsessed Longchamp fan(s) such as myself can answer this question. I have several Les Pliages purses that have come from either Paris or Switzerland. I lost my job on 8/8/08 (not such a "lucky" day for me) and decided to help make ends meet I would sell some of my Longchamp purses on EBAY. Yes, it was a very sad day when I decided to do this but I have to pay the mortgage and other bills! Don't worry, I did keep some!

Now for the question -- who do some of my Les Pliages purses have a tag with a serial number inside and some do not? I know that all of these purses are authentic but how do I prove that to a buyer?

The medium Les Pliages style has this embossed on the leather flap (all in capital letters): "Les Pliages Longchamp Type "M" -- MODELE DEPOSE - MADE IN FRANCE" The small style has similar writing except it says "TYPE "S".

Any thoughts? I have heard that Longchamp has outsourced the production of their purses and that is why some have the tags and some do not. Some of the tags are leather with the Longchamp seal and the serial number on the reverse side, others are a heavy, clear plastic with the information written on that.

Any information you can provide to me would be appreciated.

Cheryl :confused1:

hi! i am sorry to hear about your job. if you search ebay, there is a guide on how to authenticate pliages. or just google "fake longchamp pliage."

Photos will help buyers know it is authentic. Most important (and easy) thing to check is the leather grain, so show that and also show the inside. fake purses (except for black and white) usually have inside same color as outside. real Pliage (but not Planetes) bags have different color inside than outside.

Only more recent bags have serial numbers inside on clear plastic flap. It does not have anything to do with outsourcing, as far as I know. Show all tags in auction. I have never seen either tag on a fake, though of course there is always a first...

best way to prove authenticity -- LOTS OF PICTURES!!! picture is worth 1000 words. good luck! :tup:

they used to stamp that on the back of the flap when they were ALL made in france, but now that some are made in china, they put a little plastic tag inside.

as ballet said, just find a seller with a TON of pics, and if ur still unsure, u can post it here :smile:

authentic! the regular pliage bags have the heat stamps on back, but sometimes special editions (like this bicolor) don't.

MOST IMPORTANT thing to check on Longchamp pliage is the leather grain. it should be a diamond cross-hatch, like in your photos. :smile: fake bags have leather that looks shiny/scaly/smooth, etc.

this bag also has the correct leather zipper pull. (the fakes of this version often have the round logo pull, which is incorrect on this bag)

yes, many of the Pliage are made in China. Search TPF, you'll find lots of threads.

That is an authentic bag. The leather grain is correct, and the white paper tag is correct. Watch out for the "new" authentic bags on ebay that have tag with OUTLINE of white horse logo instead of solid horse logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.