Authenticate This Hobo International

My honest opinion is that Hobo International does not get faked.......yet. Their bags are in the $100 to $200 range and I don't really think that sparks any interest for fakery. You can pick up a really great HI bag at TJM for under $80, so I just don't think there is any money in it for counterfeiters.

I doubt it, this brand isn't that well known/highly desired/logo'd as the bags that get faked tend to be. People will buy a fake LV or Coach but I just don't think there's much market for fake Hobo internationals and of course fakes are all about maximizing profit.

i agree with the other posters. I think most of the times with HI (as it's not a cachet label where sometimes people are as concerned about the label as any other part), you're buying for the look/quality not the name. So if you like it that's the most important.

Hello,
Does anyone know if ALL HOBO INTERNATIONAL CLUTCH PURSES have
paisley fabric linings?? I have one that does not. It has a solid color fabric. It is a stunning well made clutch!! Help me please!! Most of the listing I saw on ebay had paisley linings.

Authenticate please... :biggrin:

hoboback9916233.jpg

hobobottom9924268.jpg

hobofront9932079.jpg

hobofrontupright9938613.jpg

hobotag9945040.jpg

Description

Outer Dimensions: 10.5" H x 11" W

Thick, slightly textured leather, black in color, thick stitching is professionally uniform and tight without fraying, seems to have seen little use. No scuffing on bottom panels and outside is nearly 95%.

Front zipper pull is curved, perhaps due to slight use. Has one internal zipper pocket and two side by side slide-in pockets directly below the internal zipper pocket.

Approx. 22" strap with brass-like buckle and external zippers. Inside pocket has thinner black zipper with initials "L J" where the L is higher than the subtext J.

I think it may be an older model or a knock-off :sad: but can't seem to locate any info anywhere on the net. Inner tag says "HOBO INTERNATIONAL - ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND - MADE IN COLUMBIA"

I just wanted another opinion(s) based off of the provided info and photos... and if possible, an estimated value.

Any advice would be appreciated... lemme' have it! :boxing:

Hi,
I have an older wallet that needs a quick look from someone who would know for sure if all of these need the logo on the kiss lock tops to be real not fake.
"Lauren" Double Frame Leather Clutch Wallet

Ive seen these with the majority having the logo engraved on the top of the kisslocks...but others do not. Anyone know why...vintage or made years before the additional logo? Or did some one do a quality knock off with everything else correct?
PLEASE help me authenticate a HOBO INTERNATIOAL CLUTCH WALLET

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBO-Intern...-/381307108899?ssPageName=ADME:X:RNTS:US:3160

Thank you!

Michelle Sumpter
Today at 1:28 PM

To Scott

Hello,

Yes, we did have several seasons of wallets without Hobo engraved on the clasps. Our brand name changed from Hobo International to Hobo The Original about 4 years ago, so either name may be stitched on to a patch inside our wallets.

Best,
Christine
Hobo Service Team

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 2:01 PM
To: Michelle Sumpter
Subject: No logo on wallet kisslock?

Good morning,
Is there any chance I could find out if all HOBO International wallets with the pillar style kiss-lock need your name engraved into their tops to be authentic? Im sure this is done now...but were they ever produced without this ?
Thank you for your time,
Scott

Do all hobo international sable wristlets have paisley lining?
Hello,
Does anyone know if ALL HOBO INTERNATIONAL CLUTCH PURSES have
paisley fabric linings?? I have one that does not. It has a solid color fabric. It is a stunning well made clutch!! Help me please!! Most of the listing I saw on ebay had paisley linings.
I have the same question regarding the lining. Is there an answer?

Seems unlikely, but anyone think this might be real? I've found a few smaller 90s bags that seem to have this print inside but none this big or with the leather zipper pulls. There's a made in China fabric tag inside and a black fabric tag with what looks like a serial number, but googling that got me nowhere. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• RDT_20240223_1836456812129973426627169.png
    RDT_20240223_1836456812129973426627169.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240223_133015.jpg
    20240223_133015.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 2