Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

There are a few other red flags on the first one, even without a clear creed photo. The Coach logo and cartouche above the creed is too big, and the strap isn't mounted correctly. When you're looking at the front of a Coach with an adjustable strap, the shorter part of the strap should be on the left. When you're carrying it on your right shoulder like most of us do, the buckle should be at the back. On that fake, it's just the opposite.

The strap on the second one has definitely been chop-shopped.

You sure have eagle eyes/super vision! Contacted both sellers. But listing ended on the first one before I could report it. Thank you for the buckle lesson!

Thank you. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
You're welcome.
The end is pointed on that bag and the end on the one I have at home is round. Guess I will contact the seller about it. Asked for a better creed pic on the Vista bag.

Thanks again.
That's what I noticed about the strap too. It is too pointed and the stitching isn't very straight. The drop is less than it should be, I can only see one hole, and it is too far from the end.

Item : Vintage Coach made in USA XL black glove leather drawstring city purse 9166
Item no : 351255854285
Seller : emq84201
Link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COA...285?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item51c87afccd
Comment: creed and serial no look off. Also the hardware looks nickel on a 1996 bag.
It's possible the pictures are in black and white and that is why the hardware looks nickel. That creed is one of those that has the same problems as the others we've been talking about lately. The "o" in "No." is larger than normal and the underline is longer. The font is wrong for the D plant, and the words "United States" are squished. 1996 is too early for this style. I have several J6D creeds with the same font in my "fake" file. I think this is another prefix that should be on the list to be checked with an expert.
Item: vintage coach leather bag
Item no: 261704005729
Seller: hawshadow
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coa...729?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3ceec63861
Comment: really hard to see what this is but it looks interesting
This one looks fine. It is a Chelsea Hippie medium flap.

Hi!
I'm a new Coach addict (someone please stop me if they know how), and I was wondering if I could get this authenticated. Also, if anyone knows the name of the bag, that would be great.

Item: Coach British Tan Leather Legacy Large Satchel
Listing number: 201244932010, I think?
Seller: britreb
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Briti...pMfC8skCBtXjug%2Fb53o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Comments: I don't think it's actually legacy, because doesn't all the legacy stuff have the striped lining?

Thank you very much!

Coach has been using the Legacy designation in bags since at least 1994 and didn't start using the striped linings until their 65th Anniversary year of 2006, so no, not all "Legacy" bags have striped linings. And only a small number of styles made after 2006 that use the Legacy name have striped linings.

Coach reuses names like that over and over and often for completely different and unconnected styles. Don't ever assume that all Legacys or Madisons or Poppys or any other style are going to be related or that they should have similar details. Often they're completely different, names are just there for decoration.

Since the seller didn't have the experience or common sense to show a clear readable photo of the creed patch and serial number, it's very hard to give a solid authentication. We'd have to see that to be sure. If you can ask the seller to either add a good creed photo to the listing or send one to you we can take another look. I don't see any obvious problems but that's not solid proof that it's genuine.
I can't read the creed either but the seller's item specifics state that the bag is made in the US. I think I'm seeing China on the creed. (Still can't authenticate without a better picture.)

I have a brown leather belt I found while out thrift store shopping today and hoping I can get it authenticated here. Thank you.
The belt is authentic.

NOTE: I apologize if I'm late and questions have already been answered. I missed several pages of the new thread because I forgot to check that I want updates.

Item: Coach F48319 PEYTON MINI MESSENGER SWINGPACK
Listing number: 271682329167
Seller: essential*corner
Link: http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/271682329167

Comments: Signature coated canvas, Color : Khaki Mahagony 8 3/4" (L) x 6 1/4" (H)

I was looking around getting a christmas present for my wife and I came across this Coach swingpack, and I bought it.

When it arrived through mail and seeing the real thing for the first time, I was a bit skeptical on the authenticity of the item. The inner zipper does have YKK mark on it.

I was hoping can help me check if it is the real coach bag. Thanks.

coach_1_s.jpg

coach_2_s.jpg

coach_4_s.jpg

1cba71e8-04e2-4d48-aa2a-258b790ccedd.jpg

576432cc-0e78-4756-b357-f8f1e7364c97.jpg
Ideally, I'd like to see a picture of the inside but it seems okay. (The zipper brand is irrelevant.)

Howdy! Would ya'll please help determine the authenticity of this bag please?
Item: Coach Leather Cross Body Bag
Seller: Michele Riedel's Renewed Persuasions (on Tradesy)
Link: https://www.tradesy.com/bags/coach-leather-cross-body-bag-black-1561389/
Comments: There are several pictures in the link above.

Thank you!!

If you're the buyer, contact Tradesy IIMMEDIATELY and tell them the item you bought is fake. I can't bring up the photos or use the Contact link without registering but I strongly suggest you copy and Save the photos of the bag, the description that includes the fake serial number, and especially the creed and serial photo.

Here's the accepted Fake Coach Serial Numbers list - you may want to refer to it before buying any more "Coaches". Send the link to Tradesy with your complaint.
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Fake-Coach-Serial-Numbers-NT-4903-and-more-/10000000002744619/g.html

And ask here BEFORE you buy.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm not at all impressed with Tradesy.

There have been posts on the ebay forum, some very positive reviews and some not so good about the site.

So I joined to check it out. (For the record, I HATE sites that make you join before you can even look at listings. Grrr!) Back on October 11, I contacted Tradesy with a list of several fake Coach and Dooney bags, all with very specific explanations of why they were fake and my "credentials." Two months later, on December 7, I posted that although 2 months had passed, I never got as much as even an automated response from Tradesy nor were any of the listings removed.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...719-17.html?highlight=october+11#post27749347

I wouldn't do business with nor would I recommend a site that doesn't care enough about the law or its members to do the right thing.

Perhaps if you're a buyer and have spent money on a fake, you might have a bit more luck than I had, but I wasn't at all impressed.

JMHO.

It's possible the pictures are in black and white and that is why the hardware looks nickel. That creed is one of those that has the same problems as the others we've been talking about lately. The "o" in "No." is larger than normal and the underline is longer. The font is wrong for the D plant, and the words "United States" are squished. 1996 is too early for this style. I have several J6D creeds with the same font in my "fake" file. I think this is another prefix that should be on the list to be checked with an expert.

This one looks fine. It is a Chelsea Hippie medium flap.
Thanks Whateve. I noticed that underscore too which is what made me suspect a fake. The Chelsea is cute. I like the strap.