AUTHENTICATE this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
DemRam said:
It appears to be an authentic Pocket Purse, style 9755.

It should have a slip pocket under the front flap, an inner slip pocket and an outer back slip pocket.

:smile:

It does have all of those (very handy!) pockets. Thank you so much for your help, DenRam :smile:

Now that I know it's authentic, I'm going to take the time to rehab it! I'll be posting pics in the vintage rehab section once it's complete, if anyone is interested.

I have a bag with a glued in serial number that came with a 1980 catalogue. The front of the catalog says 8005, which might stand for May 1980 or the 5th catalog of 1980, and the factory brochure says "in the almost 40 years since it was established", which is why I am pretty sure it was made in 1980.

I truly do not know what years Coach used the glued in serial numbers or how long they used them. I do believe they used them longer than just one year.

Maybe they started in the late 1970's or maybe they started in the early 1980's.

Someone out there probably knows the answer...but I don't.

I truly do not know what years Coach used the glued in serial numbers or how long they used them. I do believe they used them longer than just one year.

Maybe they started in the late 1970's or maybe they started in the early 1980's.

Someone out there probably knows the answer...but I don't.

I know they used them for several years, and think the ones that have the small "copyright" emblem are probably a bit older than the ones without, but all that's just a guess. When there were so few style and inventory changes such as in that mid-70s to early-80s time period it makes it really hard to figure out when bags from that time were made or discontinued and that's the only way to guess dates other than actually having a bag and a receipt from the store.

Item:COACH GREY MADISON DIAGONAL PLEATED LEATHER SOPHIA SATCHEL #20181P
Listing Number: 120958993646
Seller: silkymagpie
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-428-COA..._WH_Handbags&hash=item1c29b7c4ee#ht_500wt_689
Comments: Please authenticate. Is this MFF? Her feedback and description look great but i hadnt seen this one before. TIA

There were originally two and one sold (listed TODAY) so I bit the bullet and went with the seller's fab feedback rating and bought the second one.

Check the main Coach forum, some may have already been received.

I did find this

My SA called me this morning to tell me that the BC is now available to order. She did, however, say that they got a very low quantity in, and now the number has dwindled down to 13 available and they do not show another shipment coming in.....I wasn't able to order it today, so I don't know if I'll be able to get one or not, BUT I'll bet that you all who have back ordered this will probably be getting your shipment confirmation Monday, Tuesday at the very latest. I really can't wait to see a reveal!

I picked up my camel Bucket on Thursday, but I was waiting on the sunflower duffle to arrive before I did the reveal. I really love them all! Wishing I had more money right now to stock up on some SLGs AND the BC!

So maybe someone actually got one. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.