Authenticate This COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk...I'm really curious to see what the pros say because the more that I look at it, the less sure I am that it's fake.

Sorry....I'm really no help on this bag at all. I should have kept my original opinion to myself and just lurked. :confused1:

Thanks anyway. I am really curious also. I noticed somebody on this blog has the purse and it it so beautiful so I really hope somebody can help me.

Noelle

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-VINTAGE-COA...0499QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

Hi, can someone here tell me if these look okay? I just found one identical to the smaller one in this listing at a yard sale. I tried taking pics (of mine) to put on here, but the creed is very hard to pull out enough to get good pics! The number in mine is:0397 301. Any help would be appreciated! I will try to get pics of my actual bag & post soon. Mostly wanted to see if the number is legit. Thanks so much!

The 2 in the auction *look* authentic but there really aren't enough pictures to be absolutely sure.
The one on the left looks like the "Station" bag and the little one on the right looks like the "Chrystie" bag - I think.

The one you mention ( 0397-301 ) is just a random serial number so it's not helpful in determining authenticity. It would have been made in the late 1980's through 1993. In 1994 Coach started using "style" numbers like they do today.

Do post pictures though.

:smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Noelle*
Hi everyone,

I am new here, and really would like to ask for your help.

I am terribly in love with this bag but in the Netherlands there is no Coach available. Now I did find one but I need your help. Is this a really bad fake? I only want a authentic one.

Please help!

http://link.marktplaats.nl/253133432

Kind regards, Noelle

It's fake. Please wait for opinions from the pros but I am under the impression that Coach never used that lining.

Coach DID use that lining, but only in the Hammptons Weekend Totes like this one.

The bag looks fine to me, but other opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• fake coach!.JPG
    fake coach!.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 54
i agree that that answer is way too vague. the answers i got were much better/clearer. and the bag was authenticated on another forum as being a real bag-still don't want to put up with the hassle if the bag being sent out turns out to be different (i did notice another listing with the same photos for a bin of these bags). i've sold bags without tags tho...i might intend to keep them then buy myself a few more in a short period of time and decide to sell one or a few i don't really need (which obviously is not what this seller is doing, but just an example)...i've also heard of some outlets cutting tags off without asking-maybe that is the same case here? as to the hangtags i did look back through the sellers feedback and they did sell some hangtags (maybe they wanted to try to make a double profit? or they just recycled listings without changing wording?). i just think this seller looks more legit than those 2 (this seller has been active since 2007-started as a buyer then went to selling and buying...and not until around the holidays of 2008 started selling designer items based on feedback). i guess i'd just rather give this seller the benefit of the doubt that this seller is not one of the previous scammers.

Or the account originally could have been Phenixx's buying accoount, since a lot of Ebayers keep separate buying and selling accounts. The time frame of the changeover from a bit of occasional buying to a big increase in selling designer items is what I find interesting.

And I think it's interesting that the new seller mentioned buying from the Japanese site, since one of Phenixx's answers to an ASQ was that they got their new items that weren't on the US site yet from a "supplier" in Japan.

Personally I don't think it's a coincidence that Phenixx eased off on selling hangtags separately after we started discussing it, or maybe s/he just got too many questions about why their items didn't have any tags. If it's not the same seller, then it's someone who still seems to be hiding something, and someone to keep an eye on.

On the Internet, there's no such thing as being TOO paranoid. ;)

The 2 in the auction *look* authentic but there really aren't enough pictures to be absolutely sure.
The one on the left looks like the "Station" bag and the little one on the right looks like the "Chrystie" bag - I think.

The one you mention ( 0397-301 ) is just a random serial number so it's not helpful in determining authenticity. It would have been made in the late 1980's through 1993. In 1994 Coach started using "style" numbers like they do today.

Do post pictures though.

:smile:
Thank you, DemRam! From what I looked up on this forum, I thought the number was from the 1980's. And the metal snap is different from what I've seen before. It snaps shut, then you release it by pulling on it, then it'll open. Mine is in pretty good shape to be so old. I will work on the pictures today! :smile:

^^^^Oh, and I did ask for pictures of the inside on the bags in the listing. The seller told me it was too dark to really see inside the smaller one, and some of the numbers are wore off.

Status
Not open for further replies.