Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hi ladies, can someone please look at this for me? My gut is saying it’s fake, the font is off and spacing. And the color is a 96-97 shade. Thanks you for your time and expertise. Tracy

Is this bag listed somewhere?

No, not yet. A local thrift contacts me when they come in. I bring them cookies
Are they honest enough not to sell fakes? Are they honorable enough not to put fakes on the floor when informed that they're illegal?

That bag is fake and by law, they aren't allowed to sell it at all, even if they admit it's fake, price it low or claim not to know whether genuine or not. (There are very few thrift shops that are honest enough to not sell fakes.)

Hi

Can this bag please be authenticated and also I believe the creed number is wrong that they say as this is a pre 1994 creed. I have looked through the vintage Coach catalogues and cannot find this bag!!

Item: Vintage COACH 9622 Shoulder Bag | Light Brown Small Laptop Bag | 70s Coach Satchel Tote
Listing number: Sorry I cannot see this on Etsy
Seller and site where listed Etsy, ContempoLA
Link: https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1668055726/vintage-coach-9622-shoulder-bag-light

Comments: Measurements are in the item details.

Thank you!!

Are they honest enough not to sell fakes? Are they honorable enough not to put fakes on the floor when informed that they're illegal?

That bag is fake and by law, they aren't allowed to sell it at all, even if they admit it's fake, price it low or claim not to know whether genuine or not. (There are very few thrift shops that are honest enough to not sell fakes.)
I’ll tell them it’s fake, they won’t put it out or sell it. They had an easy to spot BIN bag last month and they cut it up before tossing.

Hi

Can this bag please be authenticated and also I believe the creed number is wrong that they say as this is a pre 1994 creed. I have looked through the vintage Coach catalogues and cannot find this bag!!

Item: Vintage COACH 9622 Shoulder Bag | Light Brown Small Laptop Bag | 70s Coach Satchel Tote
Listing number: Sorry I cannot see this on Etsy
Seller and site where listed Etsy, ContempoLA
Link: https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1668055726/vintage-coach-9622-shoulder-bag-light

Comments: Measurements are in the item details.

Thank you!!
It's authentic. I have it unidentified in my files. it is not 1970s. It was made between 1988-1993.

Thank you - I spent ages this afternoon going through the catalogues online and could not see a style like this. You have it as unidentified - is it possible that it could be a style not in the catalogues? thanks
There are a few styles we've never found in a catalog. It could have been made for only a short period of time and never made it in a catalog or we've never seen the catalog it was in.

Hello authenticators! I found this vintage wendie bag in mahogany without the hang tag and without the number. It feels like real leather and the hardware seems to be brass but I’m doubting about the authenticity because it should have the style number. Please help! The measurements are 5,5 x 8,6 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_9846.jpeg
    IMG_9846.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9844.jpeg
    IMG_9844.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9842.jpeg
    IMG_9842.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9843.jpeg
    IMG_9843.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9840.jpeg
    IMG_9840.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9841.jpeg
    IMG_9841.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 19
Hello authenticators! I found this vintage wendie bag in mahogany without the hang tag and without the number. It feels like real leather and the hardware seems to be brass but I’m doubting about the authenticity because it should have the style number. Please help! The measurements are 5,5 x 8,6 inches.

I'm a little uncomfortable about trying to authenticate a bag that should have a serial number but doesn't. There are no specific or unique-to-Coach details on the Wendie style that can prove beyond a doubt that specific example was made by Coach. Is there anything stamped on the back of the strap buckle, such as "solid brass"? If so, please post a photo. The spacing of the words in the creed does match several genuine P-plant examples in my files made in the late 1990s EXCEPT for one detail so that's a half-point in its favor and a half-point against. Another detail in its favor is that it has a made in Costa Rica creed, which counterfeiters would be very unlikely to use.

Usually any bag with a production mistake like that would have been transferred to the outlets but I don't see any hint of an outlet stamp. Or sometimes they would be put in an Employee Sale and stamped accordingly. The Costa Rica plant produced some oddball creeds and that may be one of them

So, I would say that there's about a 90 percent chance that it's genuine but I'm not giving it a full authentication unless I'm 100 percent sure. And I definitely would NOT try to resell it.

Hi Authenticators,
Could you please check this bag for me at your convenience? Thank you!

FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
Item: Coach Taylor H5C-9944
Listing number: 198149469
Seller: Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc.
Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/198149469
Comments: Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_20240512_192254857.jpg
    IMG_20240512_192254857.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240513_135929370.jpg
    IMG_20240513_135929370.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240512_191243454.jpg
    IMG_20240512_191243454.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240512_191030729.jpg
    IMG_20240512_191030729.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Authenticators,

Item: Coach turn lock wallet
Where purchased: estate sale find

Comments: Hoping you can take a look at this wallet and help confirm its authenticity and ID it. I found it at an estate sale, but have never seen one like it before with that type of turn lock. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 558A6115.JPG
    558A6115.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 558A6116.JPG
    558A6116.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 558A6120.JPG
    558A6120.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 558A6121.JPG
    558A6121.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 558A6122.JPG
    558A6122.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi Authenticators,
Could you please check this bag for me at your convenience? Thank you!

FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
Item: Coach Taylor H5C-9944
Listing number: 198149469
Seller: Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc.
Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/198149469
Comments: Thanks again!
It's genuine.