Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

It's fine, made for and originally sold at the outlets in 2007.
Hello Hello!

I wanted to ask a follow up to this? I found a similar listing on Poshmark. However the creed looks different and has a circle/no F before the last set of digits. Based off of this really helpful post on symbols, would this Poshmark listing be fake? Or were these bags also made prior to 2006 as well? Thanks in advance!

Item: Coach Limited Edition Soho Stitched Hobo Bag 10479
Listing Number: n/A
Poshmark - cathiefig
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-Pebbled-Leather-Hobo-5c9015846a0bb726f52fc339

Hello Hello!

I wanted to ask a follow up to this? I found a similar listing on Poshmark. However the creed looks different and has a circle/no F before the last set of digits. Based off of this really helpful post on symbols, would this Poshmark listing be fake? Or were these bags also made prior to 2006 as well? Thanks in advance!

Item: Coach Limited Edition Soho Stitched Hobo Bag 10479
Listing Number: n/A
Poshmark - cathiefig
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-Pebbled-Leather-Hobo-5c9015846a0bb726f52fc339

Can you copy and post the seller's creed photo here? Thanks!

Reactions: Jacynthe
Yes of course!

The poshmark creed:
View attachment 5977015

The eBay creed (which was authenticated here by an authenticator in my earlier reply, dated to 2007):
View attachment 5977016

Sorry, you said the creed "has a circle/no F before the last set of digits". I don't see what you're referring to. If you mean the "bulls-eye" that looks like a small archery target in the top right corner, that's Coach's outlet store stamp. Depending on when it was made, the bag could have been stamped either with the "target" stamp after it left the plant OR with the "F" in the serial number when the bag was being made. The bag is genuine.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
The link to the listing is for a different bag than that for which you posted pictures.

The listing from off_the_rack_resale aka lindseysposhloft aka Lindsey's Posh Loft is fake. I've copied the pictures from the listing of the fake:

1712097951746.png1712097974024.png

ETA: I misunderstood your post.

The bag you bought from the thrift store is authentic. The other listing you compared to is fkae.

Last edited:
Thank you BeenBurned ❤️
I am glad mine is authentic. Sorry for the confusion

The link to the listing is for a different bag than that for which you posted pictures.

The listing from off_the_rack_resale aka lindseysposhloft is fake. I've copied the pictures from the listing of the fake:

View attachment 5977104View attachment 5977105

ETA: I misunderstood your post.

The bag you bought from the thrift store is authentic. The other listing you compared to is fkae.

Sorry, you said the creed "has a circle/no F before the last set of digits". I don't see what you're referring to. If you mean the "bulls-eye" that looks like a small archery target in the top right corner, that's Coach's outlet store stamp. Depending on when it was made, the bag could have been stamped either with the "target" stamp after it left the plant OR with the "F" in the serial number when the bag was being made. The bag is genuine.
Sorry for the lack of clarification there. I think you answered my question? I just wanted to clarify that both bags, which are marked as the same style, but have slightly varying creeds (i.e bullseye vs F in serial number) are authentic. Which, you confirmed. So it is possible for Coach to have produced the same style bags but just change their creeds (i.e pre vs post 2006)?

Sorry for the lack of clarification there. I think you answered my question? I just wanted to clarify that both bags, which are marked as the same style, but have slightly varying creeds (i.e bullseye vs F in serial number) are authentic. Which, you confirmed. So it is possible for Coach to have produced the same style bags but just change their creeds (i.e pre vs post 2006)?

Yes, it's very possible and perfectly normal for the same style number bag to have slightly different serial numbers. Those digits are production and date codes.

Read the entire thread about the Salearea Guides for more information: