Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Is there any kind of Made In tag or stamp in the bag?

The seller claims " 90's COACH vintage Small Kelly Silhouette - does not have the coach plate because it wa one of the first ones. 9"x5"

The "one of the first ones" excuse doesn't really sound right. (There's no " Small Kelly Silhouette " name in my files, maybe the seller was just describing the shape. Hermes has officially held the French trademark on "Kelly Bag" since 2009 but it was probably unofficially recognised as a Hermes trademark long before then).

Sometimes smaller bags didn't have creed stamps or plates but if it's alligator there should be one because that's an exotic leather and sales of items with that leather may be restricted in certain countries or jurisdictions. We have photos of other equally small exotic leather bags, almost all were made in Italy and they all have metal plates stamped with creeds and production codes.

The zipper pulls look right and match the other exotics made in and around 1999 so it's probably authentic but that's all I can say without any kind of photo record. Unless there are photos somewhere of the bag, I can't identify it.
Hi Hyacinth,
thank u so much for your reply! I totally understand it's too hard to tell without a creed , just have a try cause the price is pretty good !
I think the name is not the official name, just a description.
The seller tell me that this one is a sample and she has a same style with bigger size sold recently, that one is made in Italy and do have the creed with a serial number of E 6156- No.20/35, the link is https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-COACH-Alligator-Kelly-Bag-Large-60c1fa26d6f3b7dc3e9c536a These two looks very similar so I thought maybe the small one without creed can be authentic.
thank u again!

Samples can't be 100 percent authenticated. I'm basing my "probably authentic" on the bag's hardware. I can't see any counterfeiter going through the expense of not only making an alligator item, but then making copies of the zipper hardware used by Coach only for a similar line of exotics.
got you! still glad that the hardware looks okay! This is the first time I took risk to buy a coach without a creed cause I can't miss such a rare bag hhh, maybe consider it as a non-brand alligator bag would be fine ><

Hi Hyacinth,
thank u so much for your reply! I totally understand it's too hard to tell without a creed , just have a try cause the price is pretty good !
The seller tell me that this one is a sample and she has a same style with bigger size sold recently, that one is made in Italy and do have the creed with a serial number of E 6156- No.20/35, the link is https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-COACH-Alligator-Kelly-Bag-Large-60c1fa26d6f3b7dc3e9c536a These two looks very similar so I thought maybe the small one without creed can be authentic.
thank u again!

Thanks for the link, I didn't have that one in my files.

The thing with samples is that some of them never saw production. That might be the case with your small one. AFAIK we have never even seen the large one before, so it's possible that yours was one of the ones that disappeared. I have a messenger bag like that. I'm 100 percent sure that it's a Coach because I know what details to look for, but it had no style number on the creed, just zeros, and it never made it into production. I'd never sell it even if I wanted to, because it can't be verified as a production Coach. (Samples, from what I've read, weren't even supposed to be sold, or rather re-sold. They were made available to employees but were never meant to make it to the retail market. Obviously, some did.)

Hi Authenticators,

Item: Is it a City Bag? Or am I in left field?
Listing number: Coach British Tan Leather Crossbody Bag
Seller and site where listed: Johnny-Sells, Mercari
Link: Too good not to share! Just found this item on Mercari. Tap the link to sign up and get up to $30 off.

Ugh, that’s what I figured. I’ve seen how many blatant mistakes have been found here after Entrupy certification. I’m going to reach out to the seller and see if they can send more pictures. This is what I get for late night scrolling…

Thank you!
They sent more photos! I’ve attached below and also copied the listing link again. I did brighten the creed photo, so the color is super wonky. Please let me know if this is enough info for authentication. Thank you!

Link: https://tinyurl.com/385wrjr8

Attachments

• 2FB76455-3B42-4FCC-BF39-4BD2FD4076EF.jpeg
    2FB76455-3B42-4FCC-BF39-4BD2FD4076EF.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14
  • F31BAE7C-0712-425F-9C7A-B859B969E9B9.jpeg
    F31BAE7C-0712-425F-9C7A-B859B969E9B9.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 14
  • D94AFFD8-867D-4A8D-9E0F-A7F1605A805A.jpeg
    D94AFFD8-867D-4A8D-9E0F-A7F1605A805A.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DD5064AC-CC50-4A75-9014-8881B4CF7ECD.jpeg
    DD5064AC-CC50-4A75-9014-8881B4CF7ECD.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
  • EB8B2D71-2C50-4755-89D6-54C8A9D54A19.jpeg
    EB8B2D71-2C50-4755-89D6-54C8A9D54A19.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 36F65BBB-87D0-4317-9FC7-8CD6B196F029.jpeg
    36F65BBB-87D0-4317-9FC7-8CD6B196F029.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello,

Can you please authenticate the following:

Item: black coach bag in alligator

Site poshmark

Seller: let1132

Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/vintage-COACH-small-alligator-bag-60c23fb77457ad567096875b

measurement: 9"L * 5.7" H *2.4 D

comment: I just received this bag, though it don't have the creed but it looks fine. The list only have two photos so I add more detailed photos.

Thank you.
Hi authenticators ! The seller claims that this is a sample so it doesn't have a creed, she also sold a lot of rare coach alligator bag/clutch.
Is there any kind of Made In tag or stamp in the bag?

The seller claims " 90's COACH vintage Small Kelly Silhouette - does not have the coach plate because it wa one of the first ones. 9"x5"

The "one of the first ones" explanation doesn't really sound right. (There's no " Small Kelly Silhouette " name in my files, maybe the seller was just describing the shape. Hermes has officially held the French trademark on "Kelly Bag" since 2009 but it was probably unofficially recognised as a Hermes trademark long before then).

Sometimes smaller bags didn't have creed stamps or plates but if it's alligator there should be one because that's an exotic leather and sales of items with that leather may be restricted in certain countries or jurisdictions. We have photos of other equally small exotic leather bags, almost all were made in Italy and they all have metal plates stamped with creeds and production codes.

The zipper pulls look right and match the other exotics made in and around 1999 so it's probably authentic but that's all I can say without any kind of photo record. Unless there are photos somewhere of the bag, I can't identify it.
Samples can't be 100 percent authenticated. I'm basing my "probably authentic" on the bag's hardware. I can't see any counterfeiter going through the expense of not only making an alligator item, but then making copies of the zipper hardware used by Coach only for a similar line of exotics.
Hi Hyacinth,
thank u again!
Thanks for the link, I didn't have that one in my files.

The thing with samples is that some of them never saw production. That might be the case with your small one. AFAIK we have never even seen the large one before, so it's possible that yours was one of the ones that disappeared. I have a messenger bag like that. I'm 100 percent sure that it's a Coach because I know what details to look for, but it had no style number on the creed, just zeros, and it never made it into production. I'd never sell it even if I wanted to, because it can't be verified as a production Coach. (Samples, from what I've read, weren't even supposed to be sold, or rather re-sold. They were made available to employees but were never meant to make it to the retail market. Obviously, some did.)
Call me cynical but I'd be curious to know how (and why) she'd have so many Coach alligator bag. (There are 8 of them in various styles and sizes.)

I agree that it seems unlikely that a counterfeiter would take the time and materials to copy these styles.

This listing shows a lousy picture of the creed and I brightened and enlarged. I can't read the serial number. but it looks like it says it was made in 2001. But does the plant code looks like "S" to you?
m_60c20df7284e99d84e99cf73.jpg C0A7F229-608C-4375-B552-FE69AAE972F9_1_201_a.jpeg BA8FE1FD-5C06-4FBD-A0D0-8E24DAB8CE7C_1_201_a.jpeg

If a second opinion on authenticity gives you reassurance, I'll add that I think the 2 coin purses are good too.

Although Coach made several similar styles, I believe the round one looks like style 8007:
View attachment 5105073

The red one appears to be 4794.
View attachment 5105074
Hi BB, thank you and hyacinth.

8007 just arrived today and I've attached some photographs - the interior stamp states it was made in Spain. Was this true of the 8007s? Thank you xxAC93A49B-7A35-474A-8575-62422B6C9AAF.jpeg

Attachments

• D92F9488-ACB0-40C1-9664-E019D546D2E7.jpeg
    D92F9488-ACB0-40C1-9664-E019D546D2E7.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1
  • E98E5DE0-31AB-47DE-BCE5-30DB59900EB5.jpeg
    E98E5DE0-31AB-47DE-BCE5-30DB59900EB5.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi BB, thank you and hyacinth.

8007 just arrived today and I've attached some photographs - the interior stamp states it was made in Spain. Was this true of the 8007s? Thank you xxView attachment 5110788

They look good to me too.

A lot of SLGs (Small Leather Goods) were made in Spain as well as other countries. We don't keep records of what was made where.