Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I am not one of the authenticators, but even I can tell you it is fake. Coach never made a bag like that, the fake creed numbers, plus the printed "C" liner is a give away of being a bad fake, it is used in all the fake bags. Sorry...

Usually those fake C linings are used on signature bags, so there is signature inside and out, which is something Coach didn't do.

Except on limited styles.

I knew you were going to say that!

A better way of saying it might be "Wnen the outside of a Coach bag is predominantly Signature C, the inside shouldn't be any kind of Signature C or Logo pattern."

But in reality it probably doesn't matter, when people remember (IF they remember!) that kind of warning or semi-rule that includes qualifiers like "usually" or "almost never" they tend to forget those qualifying words and just remember the basic statement. The human brain prefers to take shortcuts whenever possible.

I thought that I read that lining with the “C” logo was always fake. Is that not correct? Trying to learn. Thank you!

Before you get yourself into trouble because of some nonsense that you found in some so-called "authenticity guide, go to the thread here titled "SaleArea Guides" and read and Bookmark the entire thread, especially the sections starting with Post 15 titled "2- Coach Authenticity Guides - Facts and Myths - SALEAREA COACH GUIDES"
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/salearea-guides.983575/

The information I included in those Guides was put together over years of reading and research by myself and many Coach experts including other members of this board and is a HELLUVA lot more accurate than some nonsense from some "guide" that was posted 10 or 15 years ago by someone who just Copied&Pasted someone else's "guide" and added one or two more bits of BS that she found someplace else. READ THE SALEAREA GUIDES. You'll save yourself time and money and you'll save us the time of having to explain why the information you're basing your question on isn't valid and never was.

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,
Please authenticate the following items:
Item: Beautiful Vintage Coach Berkeley Suede RED 9010 - RARE FIND!
Listing #: 223335752823
Seller: shyrla147
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Vintage-Coach-Berkeley-Suede-RED-9010-RARE-FIND/223335752823
Comments: Thanks for sharing houseof999!

Item: Authentic Coach Black Pebbled Leather Trifold Wallet Vintage 5”x4”
Listing#: 264107326347
Seller: lgs1407
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...ther-Trifold-Wallet-Vintage-5-x4/264107326347
Comments: From the Sonoma collect, any information om the style number and name would be appreciated.
Not sure why the links aren't highlighted, hope there're accessible/linked.
Thank you in advance! :flowers:

Hello Ladies,
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Vintage-Coach-Berkeley-Suede-RED-9010-RARE-FIND/223335752823

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...ther-Trifold-Wallet-Vintage-5-x4/264107326347
Comments: From the Sonoma collect, any information om the style number and name would be appreciated.
Both are authentic. I believe the wallet is 4967 Sonoma compact clutch natural grain.

Reactions: LadyEdwards
Hello Ladies,

The Berkeley is fine. The wallet probably is a Sonoma Compact Clutch Natural Grain, style 4967 although I only have a catalog picture of the inside,but that center stitching on the outside is the same as several different styles of Sonoma wallets in the catalogs.

ETA - AAAARRRGGHHHH. :facepalm:

AUTHENTICATE This COACH

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

• Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller:
    Link:
    Comments:

• If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
    Link (if available):
    Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)
    • Please be sure to include a clear readable photo of the creed stamp and serial number from inside the bag or accessory if there is one, and the bag's measurements when the bag is an older or vintage leather Coach.
    • Since mid-2014, Coach stopped putting serial numbers on creeds so in newer bags where the creeds don't have serial numbers, we also need to see pictures of the labels/tags from inside the bag. They are either both in the main open part sewn into the seam of the lining, or one might be buried deep inside the zipper pocket. One shows where made and the other has a serial number.
  • Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.
  • Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
  • Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.
  • Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form: http://forum.purseblog.com/sendmessage.php.

Hello. First-timer here.
I hope, please, to have these questions answered about my thrift store bag (info below):
  1. Is this an authentic Coach?
  2. If so, is it a Bonnie Cashin Slim, and is it from the '60s or '70s?
  3. If anyone knows, what is the approximate value?
Info about my bag:
  1. It has a creed (shown).
  2. It says, "No. 055 - 1333."
  3. The color is oxblood, I believe.
Thank you to all!
~ Saturdaytheraincomes

img_7754-jpg.4319051
img_7756-jpg.4319052
img_7757-jpg.4319053

All are authentic.

The third one, the Maggie, should have a creed.

Thanks so much, the both of you! I looked at Maggies online, and realized I probably just didn't look in the correct pocket for the creed. I am planning on going back this morning to pick up one or two of them. The big pink-trimmed tote seems entirely too $$ to me, but the Winston is something a friend of mine would love, and it's in good enough shape for $30, I think, and the two less-expensive cross-body bags, I think. And maybe the Maggie if I find the creed, because it definitely needs TLC, but it was cheap. I think $30 is too much for the turquoise cross-body, even though it is, frankly, gorgeous. The broken strap really irks me, but it would be EASY for me to shorten it myself.

Would you be able to give me any style names for those three bags, so I can do a little more research?

Hello. First-timer here.
I hope, please, to have these questions answered about my thrift store bag (info below):
  1. Is this an authentic Coach?
  2. If so, is it a Bonnie Cashin Slim, and is it from the '60s or '70s?
  3. If anyone knows, what is the approximate value?
Info about my bag:
  1. It has a creed (shown).
  2. It says, "No. 055 - 1333."
  3. The color is oxblood, I believe.
Thank you to all!
~ Saturdaytheraincomes

img_7754-jpg.4319051
img_7756-jpg.4319052
img_7757-jpg.4319053
Welcome! You didn't provide measurements, which we need in order to identify the style on older bags. It looks like a slim satchel standard. It is authentic. It is not a Bonnie Cashin. Bonnie Cashin bags don't have creeds. This was made between 1978 and 1983 in my opinion. The color was called burgundy. Oxblood is a new color name.

Thanks so much, the both of you! I looked at Maggies online, and realized I probably just didn't look in the correct pocket for the creed. I am planning on going back this morning to pick up one or two of them. The big pink-trimmed tote seems entirely too $$ to me, but the Winston is something a friend of mine would love, and it's in good enough shape for $30, I think, and the two less-expensive cross-body bags, I think. And maybe the Maggie if I find the creed, because it definitely needs TLC, but it was cheap. I think $30 is too much for the turquoise cross-body, even though it is, frankly, gorgeous. The broken strap really irks me, but it would be EASY for me to shorten it myself.

Would you be able to give me any style names for those three bags, so I can do a little more research?
The only one I recognized of the 3 big bags was the Maggie. For the swingpacks, the first one was made for factory and they made so many variations I have no idea, the second one looks like it could have been from a Penelope collection but I can't find this particular one, the third one, the turquoise, looks like it is part of the 2012 Legacy collection. The color is probably tourmaline.

The only one I recognized of the 3 big bags was the Maggie. For the swingpacks, the first one was made for factory and they made so many variations I have no idea, the second one looks like it could have been from a Penelope collection but I can't find this particular one, the third one, the turquoise, looks like it is part of the 2012 Legacy collection. The color is probably tourmaline.

Exactly the information I needed to make an informed choice. After going back, I decided none of them were styles I loved except the turquoise (tourmaline) one with the torn handle, and I didn't want to pay $30 for a bag with a torn handle, and none of the ones I didn't love were really worth trying to resell after what they asked for them. So instead I bought a 1940s tooled leather bag for $4. :biggrin:

Exactly the information I needed to make an informed choice. After going back, I decided none of them were styles I loved except the turquoise (tourmaline) one with the torn handle, and I didn't want to pay $30 for a bag with a torn handle, and none of the ones I didn't love were really worth trying to resell after what they asked for them. So instead I bought a 1940s tooled leather bag for $4. :biggrin:
I'm glad you didn't buy if doing so for resale.

It's one thing to find what you want to use yourself and be willing to pay the price because you like it. But because ebay is so saturated with sellers and designer items, it's important to know the market.

We aren't supposed to advise on price for a number of reasons. A "good" price is what a willing buyer will pay and if it's not a unique, discontinued, rare or limited edition item, a lot of buyers aren't willing to pay even reasonable prices. (Personally, I think $30 for a swingpack at a thrift store is too much.)

Since most people have smartphones, use it when shopping, Before buying for resale, it's a good idea to check ebay for the prices the same item sold for. Condition, color, etc. are variables that can impact price but you need to get an idea if a profit is possible. (And don't get to calculate your overhead - item cost, shopping time, gas, ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping costs, packing materials, photographing time, listing prep, etc.) You might be surprised how much you have to charge to net a profit.

I'm glad you didn't buy if doing so for resale.

It's one thing to find what you want to use yourself and be willing to pay the price because you like it. But because ebay is so saturated with sellers and designer items, it's important to know the market.

We aren't supposed to advise on price for a number of reasons. A "good" price is what a willing buyer will pay and if it's not a unique, discontinued, rare or limited edition item, a lot of buyers aren't willing to pay even reasonable prices. (Personally, I think $30 for a swingpack at a thrift store is too much.)

Since most people have smartphones, use it when shopping, Before buying for resale, it's a good idea to check ebay for the prices the same item sold for. Condition, color, etc. are variables that can impact price but you need to get an idea if a profit is possible. (And don't get to calculate your overhead - item cost, shopping time, gas, ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping costs, packing materials, photographing time, listing prep, etc.) You might be surprised how much you have to charge to net a profit.

Totally. I'm a vintage and hand-made seller/reseller, both online and in an antique store, so I have a good idea about pricing, but outside of the vintage ones, and when I say vintage I mean mostly pre-1980, I'm relatively new to designer purses, and there has just been a glut of them in the stores for the last 2 weeks. Without being familiar with the brand, and it being more on the contemporary side. I've had trouble even figuring out what to search for (OH they're called "swingpacks"!), and every "please authenticate" has taught me a bit more about what I should be looking for. But that's why I've stuck to purchasing bags I either love, or can refurbish and gift. Then a $20-$30 price tag is worth it, though only barely. (And I'm more likely to buy a bag for someone else at that price point, honestly.) But with SO MANY of them lately, and as much googling as I've been doing, I started to think, "Hm, maybe" and then promptly changed my mind. :biggrin:

Welcome! You didn't provide measurements, which we need in order to identify the style on older bags. It looks like a slim satchel standard. It is authentic. It is not a Bonnie Cashin. Bonnie Cashin bags don't have creeds. This was made between 1978 and 1983 in my opinion. The color was called burgundy. Oxblood is a new color name.
Thank you so much.
The bag measures 13” x 9” x 3”.