Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

1. The listing is missing a photo of the heatstamp. Once we've seen that we can give a more accurate opinion, although at looks good to me from what I have seen so far.
2. The description is incorrect. The bag is neither Titanium nor Waxed Cervo Leather. This bag did come in Titanium for Spring 2011, but the bag in the listing is Espresso and is more likely from Fall 2011. The leather, is washed Cervo, much like you see on the current Cervo Loop bags. :flowers:

Thank you so much. I will ask for the heat stamp picture. I appreciate your help and expertise V0N 1B2.

Reactions: V0N1B2
Hi, I'm a very beginner for BV brand and wanna try my first BV wallet from online shop.
Need some help to authenticate this wallet, thanks a lot!
The heatstamp looks a little funky but I think it's just the angle of the photo.
Ideally, I'd love to see a clearer one just to confirm, but otherwise the Bi-Fold Wallet in Washed Vintage Nappa leather looks authentic, IMO.
It's two-tone - Nero and Ebano I believe.
Please don't ask me what year it's from :lol: because I don't know, but it isn't more than a few years old. :flowers:

The heatstamp looks a little funky but I think it's just the angle of the photo.
Ideally, I'd love to see a clearer one just to confirm, but otherwise the Bi-Fold Wallet in Washed Vintage Nappa leather looks authentic, IMO.
Please don't ask me what year it's from :lol: because I don't know, but it isn't more than a few years old. :flowers:
Yes , that was my concern too! thanks a lot for ur help, I will back with the clearer stamp photo :smile: thank you!

Hi there, can I please ask for some insight to authenticate this bag. I found this listing through a Facebook group so unfortunately I can’t provide a link or seller name, and these are the photos I was able to get.

I’m told it’s circa 1960, has dustbag, removable strap, but no fabric tag on the inside. Any help/insight would be great, thank you!

IMG_7211.jpgIMG_7210.jpgIMG_7209.jpgIMG_7216.jpg

Hi there, can I please ask for some insight to authenticate this bag. I found this listing through a Facebook group so unfortunately I can’t provide a link or seller name, and these are the photos I was able to get.

I’m told it’s circa 1960, has dustbag, removable strap, but no fabric tag on the inside. Any help/insight would be great, thank you!

View attachment 3989235View attachment 3989236View attachment 3989237View attachment 3989238
I don't authenticate vintage as it's outside of my comfort zone, but there are several very capable ladies here who do.
Having said that, they are going to want to see a clearer closeup of the metal Bottega Veneta plate. If this bag has a zippered compartment, they will also ask you to provide a photo of the zipper pull, the lining, and maybe the imprint (if any) on the magnetic snap.
Hopefully your seller will be able to take those couple of pictures for you. :flowers:

I don't authenticate vintage as it's outside of my comfort zone, but there are several very capable ladies here who do.
Having said that, they are going to want to see a clearer closeup of the metal Bottega Veneta plate. If this bag has a zippered compartment, they will also ask you to provide a photo of the zipper pull, the lining, and maybe the imprint (if any) on the magnetic snap.
Hopefully your seller will be able to take those couple of pictures for you. :flowers:

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll ask and see if I can get that info/pictures. In the meantime, hopefully one of the lovely ladies can at least let me know if the style even exists. Many thanks again for your response!

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll ask and see if I can get that info/pictures. In the meantime, hopefully one of the lovely ladies can at least let me know if the style even exists. Many thanks again for your response!
Ask your seller to look for remnants of an authenticity label in the top side of the inside of the zippered pocket - usually on this era of bag that label ended up getting torn off or taken off because of the zipper. This bag looks good, but like V0N wrote, a few more photos would be helpful to make sure.

Ask your seller to look for remnants of an authenticity label in the top side of the inside of the zippered pocket - usually on this era of bag that label ended up getting torn off or taken off because of the zipper. This bag looks good, but like V0N wrote, a few more photos would be helpful to make sure.

Ty for your feedback. I inquired but they said that there is no label. Also, the strap removal is done by undoing the knot - is that common?

Reactions: indiaink
Hi! here are some of the hotstamp photos, just want to make sure if it's real or fake, thanks a lot! (:WhatsApp Image 2018-03-06 at 8.50.18 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-03-06 at 8.50.18 AM(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-03-06 at 8.50.19 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-03-06 at 8.50.20 AM.jpeg