Authenticate This Bottega Veneta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered the BV ball bag in dark brown from Bluefly. Since I am one of those that ended up with a fake Balenciaga I will be sure to post it here for authentication by all the lovely experts.
Wish me luck!

Boxermom, Is you wallet has snap tab button or magnetic snap tab closure? Sorry if ask too many questions.. I guess I'm too paranoid

No tab at all and no magnet. It has a snap on the inside of the outer flap that snaps onto the other half of the snap that's placed on the woven leather. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

Boxermom, Is you wallet has snap tab button or magnetic snap tab closure? Sorry if ask too many questions.. I guess I'm too paranoid

I've failed at attatching some photos I posted a long time ago of my wallet. If you want to see what it looks like, go to p. 7 of this subforum and look for the thread title, "Balenciaga or BV wallet" or something close to that. I have about 3 posts with links to photos at the bottom of p. 1 and the top of p. 2.

I'm so computer-challenged; others would be able to bring up those pics in seconds, but this is the best I can do. It's hard to explain, but when the wallet is closed you don't see any snap on the outside. I haven't seen my wallet in other stores--I bought it in the Chicago store over a year ago.

It will probably be leather on all the exposed portions and a nylon type material where it doesn't show. The bill holding section may be all leather. I have 2 wallets, neither is exactly like this, but that's how they both are. Mostly leather, but some nylon where it doesn't show. They are both from BV direct, so I know they are authentic. (unfortunately that also means I paid full price!)

I've failed at attatching some photos I posted a long time ago of my wallet. If you want to see what it looks like, go to p. 7 of this subforum and look for the thread title, "Balenciaga or BV wallet" or something close to that. I have about 3 posts with links to photos at the bottom of p. 1 and the top of p. 2.

I'm so computer-challenged; others would be able to bring up those pics in seconds, but this is the best I can do. It's hard to explain, but when the wallet is closed you don't see any snap on the outside. I haven't seen my wallet in other stores--I bought it in the Chicago store over a year ago.

Thanks boxermom, I've found the pics of your wallet.. it looks like a snap button.. not magnetic one.

I recall a BV wallet on eBay was questioned in the BV Authentication thread because the wallet's weave didn't go completely to the edge.... so I wanted to show my wallet from Bluefly that is similar.

See the top edge of the Quarzo wallet where the weave ends before the edge. But I know by the feel, labels, fonts and zippers that it's an authentic BV wallet. :yes:

Also the Magnolia zip-top case has an imperfection in the stamping on the interior label. See the "B" and the rivet impression on the left - a little wonky. But again, due to the feel, labels and zippers I know it's authentic so I'm not freaked by the imperfection.

I think Bluefly may have some stock that is *imperfect* or it is just the natural variances in hand-made goods and not an instant indication of fake. If these imperfections were on expensive bags instead of accessories I would be inclined to return them out of concern for resale value in the future, but I'm not one to sell accessories so these bargain Bluefly babies are fine by me! :yahoo:

Attachments

• bv-wallet-edge.jpg
    bv-wallet-edge.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 281
  • bv-label.jpg
    bv-label.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 277
Blugenie,

I love both your wallets and especially the colors! Is one magnolia and the other peony? I'm curious which color you prefer. I'm torn between these two colors and would appreciate your thoughts. Also, I'm worried the magnolia will stain easily. Thanks!

I agree, I purchased a taupe cosmetic clutch pictured which looks perfect, but my tiny white card case had some stitching problems. I probably could have lived with the stitching but started reading the comments about white and light Bottega's discoloring and figured this would be handled all the time so I'd be better off with something a little darker.

Bluefly has been great. When I told them I wanted to return it and repurchase a different style (the zip card case in taupe) and that I would like to be able to get my same discount on the new item, they said they would take 15% off after I purchased it, they just couldn't give me the 10% off tax sale piece (I had 3 discounts on the original card case, 20%, 10% then 15%). But I thought that was nice of them because they didn't really have to do that. I'm attaching pics of my taupe cosmetic, the price got down to $334 from $550 plus tax.

Attachments

• bottega clutch.jpg
    bottega clutch.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 261
Status
Not open for further replies.