August Reveals... share your beLVoed goodies!

How do you like the Jake tote? Pros and cons?

Sorry for the delay! this is the Jake tote like someone else said. So far I like the bag. The only thing that would be nicer is if the inside lining wasnt so basic cloth. Some leather inside would make the bag even more amazng. And I guess one more thing, the strap that it came with is kind of bulky. I think I am going to buy an LV brown leather strap to replace it with.
On a side note, I am OBSESSED with the LV charms. I want like all of them but they are so expensive. I settled on the silver LV charm but want more! lol.

Reactions: the_baglover
Sorry for the delay! this is the Jake tote like someone else said. So far I like the bag. The only thing that would be nicer is if the inside lining wasnt so basic cloth. Some leather inside would make the bag even more amazng. And I guess one more thing, the strap that it came with is kind of bulky. I think I am going to buy an LV brown leather strap to replace it with..
The Jake tote is pretty inexpensive compared to the other men's totes (the only one with the Kitan and the Tadao PM to retail under $2000). So it's not surprising that the interior features the fabric lining and that it has no leather pipping. It seems that Louis Vuitton only provides microfiber lining to its more expensive bags. I actually like the woven strap because it's more masculine and---more importantly--- more comfortable. Maybe I am getting old, but comfort has become very important to me. :biggrin:
Overall, I really like the simple design of this bag. It looks very utilitarian (without the charm) and efficient. I look forward to seeing some mod shots! :heart:

very true, the woven strap is more masculine which i like. I read from other threads that LV doesnt recommend you store their bags in the beautiful box that it comes in. Is that true? I cant see why it would be a bad thing?

very true, the woven strap is more masculine which i like. I read from other threads that LV doesnt recommend you store their bags in the beautiful box that it comes in. Is that true? I cant see why it would be a bad thing?
Yes it's true. Louis Vuitton only provides the box for presentation purposes. They recommend that you store the bag in its dustbag but out of the box to allow the air to circulate properly.

thank you so much for the info? I would assume the same goes for LV wallets? I have 5 wallets from LV and I store then in the dust bag in the little box but now im going to take them out of those boxes, too.

thank you so much for the info? I would assume the same goes for LV wallets? I have 5 wallets from LV and I store then in the dust bag in the little box but now im going to take them out of those boxes, too.
Some people choose to keep SLGs in boxes but I don't recommend it either. Personally, I don't store any of the leather goods in boxes. I have my SLGs organized in a drawer in their dustbags, similarly to the way they are kept at the boutique.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
Some people choose to keep SLGs in boxes but I don't recommend it either. Personally, I don't store any of the leather goods in boxes. I have my SLGs organized in a drawer in their dustbags, similarly to the way they are kept at the boutique.

Thank you again! and omg that makes total sense, I dont know why I didnt think of that. Storing them in a drawer like in the store is a great idea! thank you!

2lm2s2f.png

nbch8l.png

A little souvenir from Paris!
I bought new lv while in paris last week as well

Reactions: Aliluvlv