Augh! My Body Spray leaked in my BBag! Help!

CandyJanney

Squishy Leather!
O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Well I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I can't keep my lovely EB City forever perfect. So yesterday on my commute to work I noticed as I was walking home that my new Ann Taylor Khaki work pants were COVERED in blue! (thank god I got them at the outlet!) I was bummed and very confused, I mean there was a lot of color transfer. That's never happened before over the source of a short period of time. anyhoo I remembered I apple conditioned her the day before but hadn't gotten around to sealing her with apple rain and stain stuff. I figured that was probably why and I planned to seal her the next day and decided to just wear black pants.

so this morning at the bus stop I look down at the bottom right corner of my bag on the back and notice the color looks odd. I see that there's a huge spot that looked like it got SOAKED with something. It's not a huge spot but the color is all light and dark and there's a dark line around the spot. I somehow don't panic and wonder what the hell??? I run my hand across it and reach my hand to my nose and realize it has a perfume smell! Auuugh. somehow my body wash lost it's lid and I must have push against my bag in just the wrong way to spray it once and it soaked thru to the leather.

I'm actually pretty calm about this. I'm trying to look on the bright side. The stain isn't really that bad and it's in the back lower corner. I guess if I was to ever get a stain that's where I'd want it. =P BUT anyhoo this leads me to these questions.

Is there ANY way to make this spot look better or is playing with it going to get worse?

Is there ANY way to get rid of the perfume smell that's now on that section of the bag and will moisurizing/sealing it keep it there forever?

And is there any ANY way to get these intense blue stains out of my new light pants? =(

any help would be appreciated. I was going to spray her after work anyway to seal everything up. Thanks girls! I am SUCH an idiot.

I'm so sorry this happened sweetie but glad it is only a small spot and in the back!

Your bag is TDF! I've actually dreamed about it once or twice! I personally I wouldn't try any DIY remedies! I would talk it over with luvinmybags or some other leather expert that you trust... take pictures and get an expert to try to get rid of the spot... or leave it alone... the scent will disappear over time so I wouldn't worry too much about that... better to be safe!

lol I dream about my bag too!!

Anyhoo I moisturized and sealed my bag and it's just fine. The spot is really tough to see I think in most lights and I still love her sooo much! I'll be happy once that smell is gone tho. =P

I've never had to deal with taking colored leather stains out of my clothing before, but like any stain use really cold water, hand wash with a powder detergent. I like to hold up the part of the clothing that has the stain under running water and most of the stain lets up and then gently work some detergent in and let that get washed off by cold water to get more of the stain out and then the second time I use detergent, I rub it in and rub away the stain. Best results are if you hold the article under running cold water for a while and then let it pre-soak without detergent. And I only use powder detergent for stains.

Not sure, I tossed the bottle of spray. It was just a simple body mist. The stain looks fine and the spot is soft like the rest of the bag. I'm not worried about it anymore. What does alcohol do?