Audi Q5 Or Mercedes GLC

cakegirl

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Any opinions on choosing between these? I've driven both, negotiated comparable deals, and just have to decide. The pro /con lists are helpful but don't tip it either way. I have a lot more experience with Audi but have always been a M-B fan. Any thought or personal stories?

I'm the opposite - driven Mercedes and admired Audis! I really can't compare those specific models but I can tell you that I have had nothing but positive experiences with my ML & GLEs. Absolutely no service problems, taking it in for routine service annually is easy.... not sure what climate you're in but mine has been great in the snow. Unless something changes I see myself sticking with Mercedes for awhile. :smile: Hopefully others can chime in with more insight.

Snow is not an issue for me! We've had 3 Audi's and I've been happy. But I do like a lot of features on the GLC . Honestly our local Audi dealership is TERRIBLE, which pushed me to look elsewhere. And I've I heard of a few people with major recall issues in the 1st month with their Q5's.

I was faced with the exact same choice and went a Audi Q5 but 3.0 not 2.0. It was heavier and more structured drive which I prefer. I also preferred the simplicity - but I'm "old" and probably didn't care about some of the latest features. I'm also not thrilled with the two mb dealers near me, so I was more open to a change. It's almost two months now and so far so good. Hope that helps.

We just bought a new GLC. I'm not the techie here but my husband says in terms of specs..... torque etc... the GLC is more superior than Audi. For me.... I love the GLC purely from aesthetic point of view! Everything... interior to exterior looks so luxurious and more expensive than the Q5.
For us it was more of a fight (really small negligible fight) betw GLC and X3 and GLC won hands down. The downside is the waiting time for GLC which can take a while if you are looking to order a specific combo.

I have an Audi TT, and a Mercedes GLK, which I think was replaced by the GLC. Both great, reliable cars, but the service I receive from the Mercedes dealership is so superior, it has won me over to them as a permanent customer!

Mercedes! I haven't had an Audi but both Porsche and Mercedes and still drive Mercedes. The ease of maintenance and the related costs are the plus for Mercedes and they last and look good for years.

Thanks! It"s.... a GLC! I got a great year end deal. I like both cars, but honestly dealership experience was a big factor.

Congrats to you. Best of luck! I went with the Q5 last year because I simply love the vehicle. But to me, they are all the same - they all have the same tech now since the three companies bought the nav tech together. Since I live in the south, snow is not an issue either. For us, it's the dealership!

We had an X5 and my husband really wanted to stick with BMW (I wanted a Q7). It all came down to the dealership. Back then, our Audi dealership was terrible. BMW was better but it was impossible to get a service appointment because there are so many in Charlotte, NC so there was no way I would buy another. The only problem I had with the Mercedes was personal - I kept throwing the vehicle into neutral thinking the shifter was the windshield wipers. The salesman was terrified. We both knew it was not going to be a love connection and that the test drive was one of the scariest experiences of our lives :smile:

Reactions: baghagg
The shifter on the M-B was a big reservation of mine- but after a few days I've adjusted and prefer it! I used to throw my A4 out of gear with my arm or purse every now and then, so I think it's definitely personal.