attn: iluvmybags

Saw that bag yesterday and it's so pretty, I love the little silver design on the side and the blue is really gorgeous. Hope you get her.
regarding price anything on a non US side will be far more expensive, I was looking at the Coco, it's $1450 on eluxury and it was £925 here which is approx $1700 or more dependent on xchange rate.

Saw that bag yesterday and it's so pretty, I love the little silver design on the side and the blue is really gorgeous. Hope you get her.
regarding price anything on a non US side will be far more expensive, I was looking at the Coco, it's $1450 on eluxury and it was £925 here which is approx $1700 or more dependent on xchange rate.

well the price isn't really that much more because US residents don't pay the VAT, so the purchase price is actually lower than what's posted -- with s/h this bag would come to US $1389, which is pretty darned close (the retail price is either $1275 or 1295 -- figure tax/s&h and 1389 isn't that far off!) -- I think what would kill me, however, is if there were addtl custom charges on top of this, which I wouldn't know until it was actually delivered to the US -- if there were custom charges, I'd have to refuse it and wait for it to be retuned before I could get my $$ back, which would take so long -- that's why I'd rather try to get it here before I attempt an oversea purchase -- good to know it's an option tho!

Yes you'd be better off getting it from somewhere in the US, you could try and find out what the customs charges would be. I know we pay a lot here, I was looking for the elderberry key pouch and couldn't find one (they're £50 here not too bad), but if I order from the US, they add VAT (17.5%, import duty which is up to 9% and a handling charge of between £8 - £13.5 dependent on shipping method) which would make the key pouch very expensive indeed. No point moaning tho that's just the way it is.
Hope you find your bag - it's so pretty :tup:

^ITA! The color is amazing. So Iluvmybags, have you decided whether you are getting it? :graucho:

if the boutique ever gets it in, I will likely buy one -- but if the only place to get one is overseas, I'll have to give it some thought -- I really don't want to take a chance with the custom charges and/or mess w/oversea shipping

i think the boutiques will get it. there was never any mention in the lookbooks that it would be an international exclusive or anything. what i don't understand is why it's taking so long for it to arrive. did you go to mbmj today? just wondering what you thought of the carters.

i think the boutiques will get it. there was never any mention in the lookbooks that it would be an international exclusive or anything. what i don't understand is why it's taking so long for it to arrive. did you go to mbmj today?

here's the scoop on the lt blue bb as of today -- the Mgr of the MbyMJ doesn't think they're going to get it. He checked their inventory and it doesn't show up -- at all!! Bags that haven't arrived but are scheduled to be delivered usually show up in the inventory as "0" in Stock -- the Sunburst BB doesn't show up at all -- there's ONE MORE delivery scheduled before 9/12 -- if the bag's gonna show up, it should be by that date. They aren't expecting anymore f/w collection bags after that date -- the next scheduled delivery is in early October and that's for Resort bags.

Now, you might say - don't worry that's an MbyMJ store -- he checked the inventory for the entire company and it doesn't show up -- we checked the lookbook -- it is in there, but w/o a scheduled delivery date -- same with the carter jr, which we now know is NOT going to be available at the boutiques. So even tho it's in the lookbook, that doesn't mean they're going to get it.

I trust what he's saying as they had a LOT of collection bags -- nearly one bag from every line (except the exotic and daydream collection) -- they even have the Mika in every color but taupe! He said they carry quite a few collection items (bags, shoes, clothing) and can get anything brought in. He promised to call if it comes in and if I find it in NY, to call him and he'll have it sent to Chgo for me. We'll see what happens.