Asscher or round brilliant?

not a huge fan of the asscher but if you want something different from the ubiquitous round brilliant, what about a cushion, but one that is square as opposed to rectangular so it looks good as a solitaire?

Hands down, round brilliant. Asschers just don't sparkle and "pop" like a RB will. If you look at an asscher and a RB of the EXACT same quality side by side you will know exactly what I mean, JMO tho :smile:

How about a radiant????That way you can get the shape of the asscher, but the sparkle and cut that is closer to the RB???

Asscher all the way - classy, elegant and different from the rest IMHO. If you get a great cut it still sparkles. Depends on what you want, if you want a screaming stone go with the round, otherwise I'd go with the Asscher.

I personally adore the Asscher cut, it is so unusual and eye-catching. But I think you should be careful and consider whether you're going to get a wedding band to go with your ring? An Asscher cut ring will look amazing as a stand-alone ring, or right hand ring, but it might be a bit harder to get a wedding band to sit well alongside it. Brilliant's are great for engagement rings because there are so many options for wedding bands and the two rings worn together almost become a single piece.

personally, I don't care for the round, although it the standard "classic" . rembember, youre going to be staring at that ring for many many years to come- so you gotta love it!

We went with an Asscher for my engagement ring after looking at all of the different options out there (we shopped for over a year and went to many many stores and jewelry designers).

We almost went with a Royal Asscher (went to NYC just to look at the Royal Asscher!) We looked at the branded Royal Asscher next to a very well cut (EX EX) Asscher and found the generic Asscher to be more sparkly. It really is the "CUT" that is most important of all the "C"'s.

I have several round brilliant rings already and have first hand knowledge of rounds since that is what I studied mostly at GIA for my GG. Also, I figured we can get a classic 3 stone Round as a later anniversary gift if I still want a round brilliant.

Pick what calls to you and don't really worry about what our opinions are. It has to be something YOU love to wear! :love:

It has to be what you love the most! Personally, I'd go for the round brilliant- a well cut rb has the most amazing sparkle, compared to other cuts. And I totally agree with KristyDarling- cut is the most important C! It doesn't matter how white or inclusion free it is, if it's cut poorly, it won't sparkle!