Food Asian Chopped Cabbage Salads

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I'm always looking for new ways to eat more vegetables. I've recently become a huge fan of Asian Chopped Cabbage Salads. At Kona, they have a macadamia nut chicken oriental salad - expensive but soooooo good. Then I tried one at California Pizza Kitchen. Sooooo yummy!

Eating these out was getting expensive, so I decided to figure out how to make them on my own. I don't really cook. It had to be easy peasy.

I went to the grocery store and grabbed some frozen crispy chicken strips (good ones), cole slaw in a bag ($1.49), a bunch of green onions ($.50), poppyseed dressing ($1.67), and honey roasted peanuts ($2.99). I got 2 kinds of chicken strips - regular and buffalo. Today I tried the buffalo. So good!

Basically just stick 2 chicken strips in the oven for 20 minutes, put a big mound of coleslaw cabbage on the plate, dice a couple of green onions and sprinkle on top, drizzle with poppyseed dressing, sprinkle peanuts on top, and when the chicken is done, slice it and dump it on top of the mound of cabbage.

My version is 500-600 calories, a good sized meal and so delicious and easy. $2-3 a meal.

What are your favorite chopped cabbage salads?