Ashley Graham - "plus sized" Sports Illustrated cover

my sister was still breastfeeding her oldest when he was talking......saying "mommie milk".....I thought it was a bit much but didn't say anything
I guess grandma feels she has a right to say what she thinks....is this your husband's mother?

Yes, my husband's mom. She does have a right to say what she thinks, to an extent. I've never complained to her, but she always assumes that breastfeeding is a chore for me.

Perhaps she's projecting? I don't know. She's a lovely woman, but she needs to chill sometimes with the criticisms and comments.

Like I said, do what you think is best and I think it is best to breast feed as long as you want too. My husband, who has a great sense of humour says his mom did it until he was five, so that's why he still likes it, lol, good excuse huh?

Hahaha! I think my son & I will be done with that long before he's five. I cannot even imagine doing that!

Reactions: Docjeun
Yes, my husband's mom. She does have a right to say what she thinks, to an extent. I've never complained to her, but she always assumes that breastfeeding is a chore for me.

Perhaps she's projecting? I don't know. She's a lovely woman, but she needs to chill sometimes with the criticisms and comments.
It's not easy to be a mil, but I can't imagine commenting on that.

That could be, maybe she is concerned for YOU. I saw my daughter in law breast feed and pump, which was painful for her, she had to since she was working but why would I say anything.

I agree, but it is super annoying when my son's grandma says "he controls you! you need to get that boy off the breasts!"

I try to explain that 16 months is still a baby, but oh well, just gonna keep living my life.
As long as you don't feel controlled by your son then continue to do you. People will have their opinions especially when it comes to how you raise your child especially those close to you.

I'm not shaming Ashley, but I don't find her 'aspirational' for how I want to look in a swimsuit.
But you can see how a woman who is perhaps bigger or her size may find her inspirational right?