Artsy

debbie111

Nov 27, 2011
I was told that I could get one LV bag a year:smile: since New Year is almost here. I like the design of Artsy. But when I tried it on. It's not as comfortable. It is not post to be a shoulder bag... I know. But to wear it on my hand it seems to big. Even I am 178 cm / 5th 10". Perhaps I need to get something completely different. So far I have
Damier Sistina shoulder bag
Damier pocket organizer
Eva clutch in mono
Small wallet in mono

the artsty softens up overtime! :smile:

do you prefer hand-held or shoulder bag?

if hand-held would you like to add maybe a speedy 25 to your collection? a classic & very cute!!!

I was told that I could get one LV bag a year:smile: since New Year is almost here. I like the design of Artsy. But when I tried it on. It's not as comfortable. It is not post to be a shoulder bag... I know. But to wear it on my hand it seems to big. Even I am 178 cm / 5th 10". Perhaps I need to get something completely different. So far I have
Damier Sistina shoulder bag
Damier pocket organizer
Eva clutch in mono
Small wallet in mono

The Artsy is the WORST bag to try on brand new. It is the most uncomfortable bag when it's brand new. I tried one on at the store and it hurt so much. Fast forward 5 months,I found one online at my fav resale shop and snatched it up ! It was in excellent condition and the handle had a light patina. The best part ( other than saving over $400 by buying preowned ) was the handle had already broken in. I've read on hear ( from bunnches) that if you hang the bag on a doork knob with all your things in it ,that will break it in.
Hope that helps in your decision.
PS - if you get a speedy ,dont get the 25! Many people regret buying it bc it's so small.

If you love Artsy, I say go with it! I have always loved the look of artsy, but when I tried it on in the store it was so uncomfortable. Not long ago I found a good deal on one that was preloved and nice and broken in. I fell in LOVE with it. It is so soft and comfy once it breaks in! I sold it and bought myself a brand new one because I loved it so much! I am a few inches shorter than you, but I carry mine on my shoulder with no problem.

Where did you hear that the Artsy is not a shoulder bag? Of course it is! The great thing about Artsy is that is CAN be worn comfortably both ways...shoulder and arm held. I frequently carry mine both ways. PLEASE dont be turned off by the stiffness of the handle that you feel when its brand new!!!! It really does soften up in a couple of weeks. Like Specme said, it can be hung over a doorknob at first to speed up the breaking in process, that is what I did and it works great! My handle was soft and pliable in 2 weeks. Give it a chance, you will not be disappointed! :biggrin:

I love my Artsy MM, I bought it preloved and it's already broken in. It's such an easy bag to wear and I get a ton of compliments. I also love speedies but I would go for the 30 and the speedy b is nice. I have one and I carry it on the crook of my arm most of the time but it's nice to be able use the shoulder strap when needed.

I also did hear on here that its not really supposed to be a shoulder bag. Its weird I know! But if you are looking for a shoulder bag, maybe look at the delightful or galliera. Or if you want handheld definitely get a speedy!!!

Thanks for the responds. I have a shoulder bag / Damier Sistina and a clutch Eva. But I just like the simple design of Artsy. It's nice to hear that it will feel more comfortable after some time. I do like the look of Speedy as well. Different SA told me that Artsy is not a shoulder bag... but I have seen people wearing it both ways. I would say the Artsy would be a more casual bag. Also I don't have any shoulder day bag in MM. My Damier Sistina is little more dressy.

Thanks for the responds. I have a shoulder bag / Damier Sistina and a clutch Eva. But I just like the simple design of Artsy. It's nice to hear that it will feel more comfortable after some time. I do like the look of Speedy as well. Different SA told me that Artsy is not a shoulder bag... but I have seen people wearing it both ways. I would say the Artsy would be a more casual bag. Also I don't have any shoulder day bag in MM. My Damier Sistina is little more dressy.

If you look at the website the mannequin wears it on the shoulder.

I love my Artsy.... BUT have you seen the purse review by QueenKatz on youtube about her new Delightful MM? It looks like a very comfortable, stylish bag that to me has that same cute scoop look at the top plus you can clasp it closed. I would have never second glanced that bag until I just saw her review and I thought WOW what a great bag! And I love how she added the travel strap to it.

Just a thought, whatever you choose you will LOVE it. How can you not? :smile: