Artois PM

mixlv

Wendy S The Loving Fifty
Dec 18, 2014
I'm really interested in the Artois PM and can't decide between black and grey. Does anyone have this bag and is willing to give me pros/cons of this size in particular? I'm wondering how the strap drop is? Is it long enough in the smaller PM size? Can you post pics if possible? You know what it's like when we become obsessed with a bag we haven't seen in real life. :smile:

I have the PM in navy.
The main reason I got the Artois is because of the zipper, which opens/closes very smooth like a hot knife cutting through butter. :biggrin:

I am 161cm and slim. The PM fits me really good. The length of the strap is ok, but it would be better if it's longer.
It will be a little bit difficult to carry it on the shoulder comfortably when you wear a thick coat in winter.
Although the strap of the MM size is longer, It is just too big for me and it's more than double as heavy as the PM.

Reactions: mixlv and c18027
I have the PM in grey. I love it. I don't carry that much. So for me, it's the perfect size for an everyday bag. I don't have any issues with the straps either. It's not too long and not too short. I'm 5'8" if that helps.

Reactions: mixlv
I tried the PM Artois in the San Francisco boutique. It was much too small for me. I could not get the strap onto my shoulder and I have average sized arms. The Artois MM looked too big, more like a travel carry on bag.
I am 5 ft 7 inches and wear a US size 12.
I thought I wanted an Artois but I bought a Bellechasse instead.

Reactions: Mkhanna and mixlv
Thank you so much for the information. I'm so confused LOL! Does anyone have the strap drop dimensions so I can compare it with my Valentino tote?

I tried the PM Artois in the San Francisco boutique. It was much too small for me. I could not get the strap onto my shoulder and I have average sized arms. The Artois MM looked too big, more like a travel carry on bag.
I am 5 ft 7 inches and wear a US size 12.
I thought I wanted an Artois but I bought a Bellechasse instead.

The Bellechasse has only one size in PM, right? I just checked on Goyard's website. The strap drop of the Bellechasse PM is only 1 cm longer than the Artois PM. But only 1 cm can make a big difference.

Last edited:
The total length of the strap is 46.5cm. The strap drop is 20cm.
For me, the bag is big enough for a travel bag, I can carry a lot thanks to the light weight.
It fits a lot: my purse, phone, makeup bag, kindle, a small bag for stuff, a bottle of water, umbrella, sunglass and a scarf.
It's comfortable to carry it in the hand or the elbow.

Just took a photo of me with the bag, I am wearing a teddy sweater, maybe it will give you an idea.
For your information, I am 161cm, us size 0 or 2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 200
The Bellechasse has only one size in PM, right? I just checked on Goyard's website. The strap drop of the Bellechasse PM is only 1 cm longer than the Artois PM. But only 1 cm can make a big difference.
Yes, my SA said that there is only one size Bellechasse now. I think there used to be two sizes. I can easily put the Bellechasse over my shoulder but the Artois PM seemed tiny to me, and the strap would not go over my shoulder. Perhaps I could have forced it but I did not because I could tell right away that the bag was too small for me.

Got my Artois PM this past weekend and I’ve come to realize that it’s more a summer bag. It doesn’t wear well with thick coats, the straps are a touch too short for all that bulk IMO.

However, the MM was way too big so I happily left with the PM. I normally wear cross body bags in winter anyways so it works out.

Reactions: c18027 and mixlv
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I decided on the Artois PM in grey. Now I just need to find an SA so I can order it. :smile:. Preferably at the Rodeo Drive store.

Reactions: bagshopr
Got my Artois PM this past weekend and I’ve come to realize that it’s more a summer bag. It doesn’t wear well with thick coats, the straps are a touch too short for all that bulk IMO.

However, the MM was way too big so I happily left with the PM. I normally wear cross body bags in winter anyways so it works out.

This is exactly my situation. I use my grey artois pm for the spring summer time when I don't have to wear bulky outerwear. For fall and winter times when I have to wear parkas/puffer etc, I use my black/tan hardy pm bag. I thought about getting an artois mm but I felt that the mm size just didn't look that great on me even though the proportions worked.