Arrested Development?

On a separate note, Portia DiRossi has had some major work done. She doesn't even look like her old self. Kind of a shame because she was pretty before, and still is, but just looks not quite the same.

My dd and friends are big AD fans and the first thing they all said about the new episodes was "what's wrong with Portia's face?"

yay, glad more people liked it :smile:

i thought it was funny that young barry is played by henry winkler's son.

I couldn't believe how they had found an actor that looked so much like Henry Winkler and then I found out he was his son! What a great idea!

I think my biggest disappointment in the season is how the character Michael has changed. He used to be the somewhat sane, moral one surrounded by the not so sane, not so moral family. They really changed him.

Portia was on Ellen's show last week and they showed a clip from AD. In the clip, Portia was wearing a long blonde wig, and I agree, she looked very different. But on ELLEN, Portia wore her hair short & minimal makeup and she looked more herself. I don't think she's had work done, per se, but maybe she's had Botox or some other kind of "treatment." Here's a pic from Ellen's show

i.ytimg.com/vi/K_mzQZfvI04/0.jpg

And here's how she looks on the show - I think its a combination of the long wig and makeup. Her eyes look much wider in these pics & she's wearing a lot more makeup than she appears to wear IRL

graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/05/23/arts/cross/cross-blog480.jpg
graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/05/23/arts/derossi-span/derossi-span-blog480.jpg

Ah - thanks for posting this - my thoughts exactly when I first started watching was what is going on with her?? She does look like herself on Ellen.

yay, glad more people liked it :smile:

we started re-watching some of season 4 last night and i'm already picking up on jokes that i missed the first time around.

i know there's a lot of debate over whether portia had work done, but to me she really only looks super weird in her first episode, and some of that is the wig...and then i'm also wondering if they specifically put make up on her to make her look "off"? she looks a little like christine taylor/sally sitwell. after the wig comes off, i think portia's face looks a lot more normal again. not sure though - she may have had some work done also.

i thought it was funny that young barry is played by henry winkler's son.

No wonder Barry looked so much like the old Barry! I was trying to figure out how they did it lol