Are you worried about skin products around your Chanels?

May 23, 2015
I use tretinoin and glycolic acid, among some other topicals. I find myself wanting to skip them on days I plan on carrying my Chanel bags. I also don't even wear sunblock nearly as often anymore (other than my face) and instead opt for long sleeves when I'm going to be out in the sun considering how horribly it stained my car leather seat. Anyone else get a bit paranoid with their makeup/skincare routine around your bags, especially new ones? :confused1::hrmm:

I wear a lot of oils and lotions for dry skin on my hands and they do leave faint white marks on the bags sometimes. Sometimes I just forget and pick up a bag after I've applied lotion - it happens. I try hard to put on whatever I need and then wait before picking up the bag. The bags cannot be protected from everything out there, things will happen during the course of just living and going about your day. You can protect it from skincare products and then it bangs into a door and scuffs. Just use your bags and protect them as best you can.

I once put a lot of suntan lotion on my arms and wore Chanel boy. Its was super hot and the sweat with the lotion covered the bag...I fainted (well, almost) as bag turned from black to kind of navy. Luckily I managed to clean it.

I was just thinking of this very topic; being very fair, I usually wear a light bronzing lotion on my legs when I wear shorts or skirts. I will be keenly on guard to make sure none of my Chanel’s come near my legs when I do.