Are you happy with your purse to go?

solai

O.G.
Jun 29, 2008
I am specially interested in knowing how many galliera owners are happy or not happy with their purse to go liner. I have mostly large items in my purse, i.e. wallet, agenda, pochette, and checkbook. Looking at pics of the ptg, it seems that the middle section does not fit a whole lot. So, those you have the ptg liner, do you find that it is tough to squeeze your larger items into the middle section? And how easy is it to get them out?

I'm a big fan of handbag inserts / organizers, especially PTG for hobos and other types of shoulder bags. I've posted the following pictures before, but here they are again: 1st pic shows Galliera PM without an organizer and 2nd pic with Jumbo PTG:

Attachments

• Galliera 061.JPG
    Galliera 061.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 446
  • GallieraContents 004.JPG
    GallieraContents 004.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 341
I bought the trio in tan and what a waste of money, the Jumbo is too small for the galliera, too small for speedy 35....and the base is not anywhere near big enough in the purse to go, it limits what you can hold and takes up more space in the bags .... id rather just carry what I need than lug around all this extra fabric...better quality than the purseket but the base def needs to be wider in all the sizes.

After spending $45 on the purseket and $50 (with conversions & post) on the purse to go... Im not happy! i don't recommend them....:tdown:

Last edited:
NO! I bought one for the speedy 25, I thought i bought the med/large and it wasnt big enough. When i say that i mean the base. I found it annoying and didnt use it. I tend to like the purseket more.
Now im to the point I just dont care. The purseket is great if you have a lot of small items, otherwise its a waste too.

Thanks everyone for giving me your honest opinion. It was very helpful in confirming that I shouldn't get one. It looks very useful in pics, but I guess IRL it is not so much.

Alpine, thanks too.

Paije, you have been so helpful with all my posts - I knew I could rely on you! Have you decided what to do with your tivoli yet? Are you getting the galliera GM still?

Surprising how most TPFers found PTG to be not-so-useful. I for one love the PTG for my galliera...and that's mainly because I carry lots of small items like name card case, lipsticks (4 of them), lip balm, keys and coin purse, and I love compartments! But I do agree that it makes the less roomy in a way and less slouchy...which are probably the biggest drawbacks as the slouchiness is a signature of galliera...:smile:

It's a dilemma but I think I'm still inclined to keep my PTG...:yes:

I still like PTG and the Purseket. They both work better in different bags. The Purseket (Large?) works awesome in my Speedy 30. The Jumbo PTG is *small* for my Galliera GM, but I like it because it keeps the slouch going. I also bought a Large PTG which I am using in some other bags.

The center of the PTG is small. It looks like you can increase the space by flipping it inside out. You don't have to put things in the center though. You could just put your large items, like a wallet, outside of the PTG and let the PTG sort of close in on itself.

I like the Jumbo size better because the pockets are deeper than the Large size. I find the pockets pretty shallow on the Large size.

All in all, I am not some die-hard purse organizer fan, but I like them because they make switching bags much quicker for me. I like to switch bags in the morning before work depending on my outfit and it goes so smoothly when I just have to grab the organizer and put it in my next bag!

I don't find those organizers useful at all, they are just never the right size and they take up room. I just use various sizes of makeup bags to put my loose small stuff in, it is still really easy to switch purses since I can just grab the makeup bags.

I still like PTG and the Purseket. They both work better in different bags. The Purseket (Large?) works awesome in my Speedy 30. The Jumbo PTG is *small* for my Galliera GM, but I like it because it keeps the slouch going. I also bought a Large PTG which I am using in some other bags.

The center of the PTG is small. It looks like you can increase the space by flipping it inside out. You don't have to put things in the center though. You could just put your large items, like a wallet, outside of the PTG and let the PTG sort of close in on itself.

I like the Jumbo size better because the pockets are deeper than the Large size. I find the pockets pretty shallow on the Large size.

All in all, I am not some die-hard purse organizer fan, but I like them because they make switching bags much quicker for me. I like to switch bags in the morning before work depending on my outfit and it goes so smoothly when I just have to grab the organizer and put it in my next bag!

Thanks for the brilliant idea - instead of using the jumbo size I switched to large for my galliera pm, and it works very well - I can keep my small items organised and at the same time allow my bag to retain its slouch. So I'm happy with the solution! :tup: