Are You Happy Where You Live?

Are You Happy Where You Live?

• Yes I am

• No I'm not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hometown is Philly. I never thought I would live in the South. I particularly do not like South Carolina. In the early 90s, I seemed to have liked it better. I moved away for about 10 years and am back now taking classes from a school in Georgia. My county borders Georgia and I get in-state tuition in Georgia (this is the only good thing about where I live). Education costs suck. You would think they would be lower than NC or GA, but they are not.

I can say I really enjoyed living in Florida even though it is in the south also.

One of my pet peeves is when someone will say, "I love the people. They have made me feel welcomed." This is from newspaper articles of people moving here. There are other factors that are not taken into consideration and their experiences cannot be applied across the board to everyone.

Live in London, adore living in London - it is my playground. I love the variety, diversity, noise, different people all (mostly) rubbing along together, spend hours in galleries, theatres, parks and shops. The only downside is the price of property - we'd have a house twice the size for half the price outside the City, but I wouldn't swap it for the world.

My hometown is Philly. I never thought I would live in the South. I particularly do not like South Carolina. In the early 90s, I seemed to have liked it better. I moved away for about 10 years and am back now taking classes from a school in Georgia. My county borders Georgia and I get in-state tuition in Georgia (this is the only good thing about where I live). Education costs suck. You would think they would be lower than NC or GA, but they are not.

I can say I really enjoyed living in Florida even though it is in the south also.

One of my pet peeves is when someone will say, "I love the people. They have made me feel welcomed." This is from newspaper articles of people moving here. There are other factors that are not taken into consideration and their experiences cannot be applied across the board to everyone.

ITA! We researched everything we could find before moving to NC and it appeared to be a lower cost of living here (compared to chicago). We found that it's much higher in every category except property taxes. Everything else is higher down here--insurance, groceries, medical, state income taxes.

I absolutely love where I live! There is so much to do in the San Francisco Bay Area! And the weather is perfect, it doesn't get too hot like the Midwest, and I don't really care for snow like the East Coast. If I want snow, I just drive to Reno or Tahoe. It is so diverse here in the Bay Area, people of all different backgrounds live here and are super friendly. Shopping in SF is so much fun, and is only a quick BART trip away if I don't want to drive. :tup: I have no complaints and can't imagine living anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.