Are you a fan of the non quilted bay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have just won a gorgeous looking non quilted bay in camel on ebay, but I have never seen one IRL. I was actually looking for a quillted ~ but this one came up in such a lovely colour I just had to have it :love:
    I was just wondering, what do you all think of the non quilted bay? Are they as popular as the quilted? Don't be afraid to be honest :yes:

2. Hi Art P, if you are speaking of the medium unquilted bay satchel in camel, then I have the very same bag, and it is gorgeous- congratulations.

When the bays came out I couldn't see past this bag to appreciate the others. I now find I do like the quilted bay and may buy one, if I come across one at the right price- but it was love on sight with the camel unquilted bay. I think they were very popular at the time as they seemed to sell out quickly, and it is so beautiful IRL.

I do think I may be in a minority here however, as there seems to be much more of a fan club for the quilted bay on TPF, less so for the unquilted.

3. Personally I prefer the non-quilted - it seems less fussy.
    The quilted does seem to have a big fan club but I don't mind joining the minority :yes:

4. I love the non quilted and TBH I think they are not as popular simply because there is a lack of celebrities wearing them! I think the leather is absolutely gorgeous and I have said before that I am yet to see a photo that does the non-quilted leather justice - they are 10000 times better IRL! Well done!

5. I'm with the majority here, the unquilted Bay has a certain 'ease' to it's style, I really like it. The quilted Bay is a really nice bag too, it seems to have a more structured look. You can't go wrong with either.

6. I must admit I am loving the bays at the moment. Quilted or non quilted are both gorgeous:love: I am after a bay hobo at the mo artpassion.

7. Hia gals ~ thanks for the replies :heart:
    It is a camel messenger ~ I can't wait to receive her now! It's always a risk if you haven't seen the bag in real life ~ but I don't think I'll be disappointed...

Pixie ~ how's it going with the bay bag you are after? Think I've seen it :love:

8. Chloe's are rarely (truly) disappointing. I think you'll be very pleased with this purchase. I'll never forget the first time I saw this model in a Saks catalog I called all around to see who had it. Such a timeless purse!

9. I prefer the quilted...:yes:...more classic..:smile:...

10. Pinchrosemary has a white one I like. Or there is a camel on now in the US. I really like these at the mo:heart: Can't wait to see you bay:girlsigh:

11. I am not a huge Bay fan yet. Don't own either - and they are not on my wishlist at present. I don't dislike them - just not dying for one.

Personally I think the quilted and non quilted are very different looking - almost enough to have warranted being named differently. I think both are as nice as each other - the quilted seems a bit more dressy and the non - could be more casual.

Congrats on your purchase!

12. i love this bag truely a classic!
    ive always been a paddy girl!
    but have just started to look at the bays!

13. I did see the bag above IRL; the one I wanted had the body (and color) of this purse but it only fit on the arm. Because it was an arm bag I decided not to buy it. I really wanted a Chloe that could go over my shoulder? This is beautiful item, get it authenticated and then perhaps you can persue it?

To me it's a classic square/rectangular purse like the Edith! Timeless!:graucho: