Are worn in/torn jeans boyfriend like jeans still a trend?

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
I am assuming this is still a trend but I haven't been in the US much since last year and I haven't seen a fashion magazine since winter so are they or are they not?

I wanted to buy a pair to roll up and wear w/ a cute top and heels.

Ok great and which are better, light or dark colored? I like the light colored b/c I don't have any pair of lighter colored jeans but I don't know what will be the most versatile.

Okay I just bought these from JCrew. I bought some just like them or maybe even the same ones last year and I really liked the fit on me but then I decided I felt silly in them so I returned them. Hopefully I will love them this time.

I predict that slouchy skinny jeans will be the next big thing, which are pretty much skinny boyfriend jeans. I would go ahead and buy a pair as long as the legs aren't too wide.

I am WAY late to the boyfriend jeans trend -- I just got my first pair!!! (Siwy, light wash, on sale at Saks) When they first became popular, I reacted the same way I first reacted to skinny jeans coming back in style, "No freaking way!!! Not on this 5'2" stumpy build!" :rolleyes:

But, like with skinny jeans, I just needed TIME for my brain to get used to the idea, and for my eyes to get used to the look. After finally gathering the courage to get a pair, I was floored! I LOVE MY NEW BOYFRIEND JEANS!!! :yahoo: I was totally shocked that they could actually look decent on me. I will mostly wear them with heels since I'm so short, but they might actually look good with my Matt Bernson flip flops, too. Tres chic and versatile. They are totally slouchy cool without being baggy or sloppy. Soooo happy! Thanks for letting me share. :smile: