Are these a good fit? YSL tribute flats

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello,

I’m having difficult time deciding. These are size 40. I’m usually between 39.5 and 40.

In the 1st and last photo, I tried to squeeze my foot forward to see how it would look if it stretches out?

What do you think?

I apologize for the bad photos.

Thank you in advance :smile:

809D2FB6-DB48-4D90-8E5D-D6A2949B7557.jpeg 60E70667-53B2-4C01-B3BE-51BD669BD963.jpeg 3FF5D279-FCB3-4A3C-9546-DCC5DF871707.jpeg

I would go with the 40 unless it is too wide for you.

I don’t think they’re too wide..

These are so close in size. I would go up to 40. It's just number and you want a good fit.

I’m just worried the 40 would stretch alot and my foot would slide forward? So confused!

I must say that I have worn the 39.5 out and just bought the 40. I can obviously return the 40 but if it’s the better fit I’ll keep it and sell the 39.5.....

They are very similar in length, at least from what I can tell in the photos (I can't see what your toes look like in the 39.5 as photo is cut off, but the 40 is not too long for you, so that's why I initially chose 40 for you), you can probably get away with either size. It's not going to stretch in length. When I'm in that situation where I could wear either length, I go with the width that fits best. I have a narrow foot, so a size smaller is almost always going to be better for me on width, but I have to balance that with length being too short. Width will stretch for a leather shoe, but if you have wide feet you might want the larger size if the smaller one is extremely narrow or it's stiff.

Now the matter of already wearing the 39.5, if the fit is good enough on the length, I would just keep the 39.5 as it's a hassle to sell and you won't get what you paid.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and elaborate. I appreciate it.

I couldn’t make myself happy or accepting the 39.5, it is too small, I’ll keep the 40 and sell the smaller one. Even though I’ll definitely loose money, peace of mind is so worth it lol.

Thank you again!

They are very similar in length, at least from what I can tell in the photos (I can't see what your toes look like in the 39.5 as photo is cut off, but the 40 is not too long for you, so that's why I initially chose 40 for you), you can probably get away with either size. It's not going to stretch in length. When I'm in that situation where I could wear either length, I go with the width that fits best. I have a narrow foot, so a size smaller is almost always going to be better for me on width, but I have to balance that with length being too short. Width will stretch for a leather shoe, but if you have wide feet you might want the larger size if the smaller one is extremely narrow or it's stiff.

Now the matter of already wearing the 39.5, if the fit is good enough on the length, I would just keep the 39.5 as it's a hassle to sell and you won't get what you paid.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty