are people really never that honest in stores?!

I've never had someone forget to ring me up on something but I am a cashier. A few days ago, I rang up a customer for a large purchase. A few minutes after he left the store, he ran back in to me in a panic because he had forgotten to pay for the hat he had on his head. I was definitely surprised but I just rang him up for it and thanked him for being honest.

LOL! I love these stories...here's mine:

I was still in college & had to cross 2 crosswalks from the bus stop to get to the mall...in the middle of the 2nd crosswalk was a FAT WAD of $20 bills.

There was no one in the cross walk but me....and no one behind or in front of me.... I was so confused, but I picked up the money... and then called the police to make a report. I could tell they thought I was crazy for turning it all in.

All totalled, the bills added up to over FOUR-HUNDRED dollars....

Forty-five days later, I got a letter from the police department saying that no one had claimed the money & to come pick it up.

I used the money toward my next semester's housing bill. :tup:

ahhh nice story junkenpo.

And thats the thing, because you did the decent thing, and it wasnt claimed, you can take it in good faith and enjoy it, whereas if you had just taken it, you would always have a nagging doubt about, could it be somebodys hard earned weeks wages, or a pensioners money for the week......... all those things you think about, where as, by doing the correct thing, you can look at it as a lucky break :yes::smile:

I have a couple of really weird experiences.

The first one. It was over 10 years ago. I was food shopping at Tesco. We all know how stressed you feel when you have a trolley full and you are struggling with bags etc. I was just about to walk away and a lady behind me shouted. "Excuse Me, I think you have just been overcharged". She then explained further. LOLOLOL. :cursing: You ready for Wally of the week? You have just been charged £8.60 for 3 pack of chocolate. It was in fact the case, she had seen it. Me, I would never have known, as I never (embarrassed cos I still dont) check receipts.

On the other occasion, I was in M&S with a mass of lingerie bits and pieces. I thought I had been undercharged. I told them. She looked in the bag and counted and said, No, it is right. I asked, again, are you sure. She looked again and said yes. So, I came home, when I get home, she had in actual fact missed an item. I felt really bad about it. I always feel that staff made be held responsible etc. and it worries me.

Last week I wasn't charged for a $3 item and I admit I didn't go back to the store since I didn't notice it until I was home. It just seemed like a hassle to drive back so far for such a small item.