Are members allowed to send posts off forum?

Threshold

Nothing Like the Sun
O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
If so, this makes me very uncomfortable. I like knowing there is a certain amount of confidence in posting here, without the concern of having it show up elsewhere, privately or publicly.

Thanks for the question! To add some clarity, i.e. members lifting and sending the posts of other members off-forum to other websites or private individuals. That posts show up in search engines is fine and to be expected. But this is far different, addressing the potential issues of expectations of privacy amid membership and/or copyright infringements (on-forum to off, and visa versa).

^Seriously, I don't expect it. That would be an unreal expectation. But I do expect venues to honor copyrights and adhere to the laws that govern them as well as their own rules & regulations, instead of tolerating pirated material members post from other sources (there's a rule here about this, but enforced?), or lifted from a venue to appear elsewhere.

I don't appreciate seeing my copyrighted material from another source posted by people who (1) did not ask permission and/or (2) did not post as quoted and attributed material. Some of my overviews and reviews have been totally plagiarized, even by some rather esteemed bloggers.

(sigh) I guess I was never privy to the mindset of the Napster mentality. I don't expect to protect all my work, but I will do what I can, when I can.

Just wondering about this aspect of the TPF rules & regs... I just don't see the necessity of it even being mentioned if there's no recourse and no enforcement. One follows the other, eh? Frustrating...

But I do expect venues to honor copyrights and adhere to the laws that govern them as well as their own rules & regulations, instead of tolerating pirated material members post from other sources (there's a rule here about this, but enforced?), or lifted from a venue to appear elsewhere.

I guess the way I see it is we wouldn't have the up to the minute forum if people were obeying copyright across the internet. every article posted there is copyrighted from another source and most of those sources ask you not to reprint it elsewhere.